My First UW Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wreck Ranger

Reaction score
Here are the long awaited pics from th Blue Grotto. I finally got my digital camera in the water.
The diver in the picture is a fellow board member: Diversaurus

I like it....nice!

Dee and UnclePug,

Thanks for the positive review. I had the camera on the wrong settings on the first dive, but I fixed it before we went back in for the second dive. I now know Shutter speed priority before aperature.
If I could just save up enough money for a darn strobe:bidea:

Nice picture, especially for not having a strobe.

I just got back from Blue Grotto 2 weeks ago. Neat little dive.

the sun's rays streaming through the water has a very surreal effect.

Cool stuff!

What a great shot! But what's that thing loosely hanging down next to him? :D

Where is the Blue Grotto? What is it?

Matt

xoomboy,

The Blue Grotto is in Williston FL near Gainesville. It's a sink hole that occured from the spring water flowing through the limerock. It's about 90' deep and has about as much visibility depending on the amount of people in the water.

The thing hanging from the diver is his light on a tether. Pretty long huh. When we went into the cavern the light was in his hand. Its just hung there while we were in the open. (sounds like excuses:) )

There are alot of springs and sinkholes like this in Florida. You should try and make it down for a dive trip.

Thanks
Nathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom