my first video!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

torrey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My first time using video software (VideoStudio), so I just threw something together to see what the end-result would look like. This is from Cozumel a couple of weeks ago. I took all of this with an Olympus SP-350 in movie mode. It actually turned out alot better than I expected. It looks better in 720x480, but the file size jumped from 13mb to 57mb and I've only got 1gb of download transfer where it's hosted. Anyway, here it is. As I learn the software better, I'll go back and re-create the entire thing with stills and other footage.

http://amd.streamload.com/tweaver/Hosted/352x240-30fps.mpg

Okay, maybe a video guru can help me out. The original movie clips were recorded in quicktime, but VideoStudio converted the combined movies to mpeg. However, when I click the link above on my work computer, it gives me a page of gibberish. If I use "save target as..." then double-click the file on my computer, windows media player won't play the file. If I right-click the newly downloaded file and choose "open with" and select "internet explorer", then internet explorer plays it as a quicktime file. Is there something I should do differently when I go back and re-create the video?

torrey:
Okay, maybe a video guru can help me out. The original movie clips were recorded in quicktime, but VideoStudio converted the combined movies to mpeg. However, when I click the link above on my work computer, it gives me a page of gibberish. If I use "save target as..." then double-click the file on my computer, windows media player won't play the file. If I right-click the newly downloaded file and choose "open with" and select "internet explorer", then internet explorer plays it as a quicktime file. Is there something I should do differently when I go back and re-create the video?

Seems to work OK for me in Firefox when I click on it.
Might want to check the MIME-type on your server and client to make sure they are correct.

Yeah, I think he was narc'ed :silly:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom