My Gear list thus far - tell me where I can save some money

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will get what you pay for.

The snopes thread is over yonder...

@Tampa- Ignore the establishment. They just want you to spend that $2900 you quoted. I've put 70 dives on my Hogs in the past 10 month with no problems.

While I did make this thread to get advice and opinions I do need to do some testing myself for personal preference. I read some reviews on the HOG regs and they seemed good, for the price if I don't like them for some reason I can replace my primary with an Apeks and sell the slightly used HOG for a slight loss. While I do understand Apeks is considered the "best" regulator on the market it doesn't mean I can't still experiment a tad bit to see what the difference in regs are and what all the fuss is about :).

The snopes thread is over yonder...

@Tampa- Ignore the establishment. They just want you to spend that $2900 you quoted. I've put 70 dives on my Hogs in the past 10 month with no problems.

Lol. Hardly....we're giving clearance options for proven regs. Hogs may be decent regs, but they aren't the quality of Apeks/Scubapro.

While I did make this thread to get advice and opinions I do need to do some testing myself for personal preference. I read some reviews on the HOG regs and they seemed good, for the price if I don't like them for some reason I can replace my primary with an Apeks and sell the slightly used HOG for a slight loss. While I do understand Apeks is considered the "best" regulator on the market it doesn't mean I can't still experiment a tad bit to see what the difference in regs are and what all the fuss is about :).

Fair enough. Welcome to the addiction. My buddy's say I've lost more gear than they own. I have to know for myself. That said that price on Apeks will be short. If/when you decide you need more performance and/or quality you'll be paying the $600 per set Apeks demands.

I seriously considered picking up the Apeks on clearance but couldn't justify tossing my Dive Hurricanes (which are AL Legend knock offs, which are designed from Apeks technology).

I've put way too many return labels on Zoops to let you go down that road without a warning. If you do, save your receipt. You'll need it.

All other suggestions have already been said.

I seriously considered picking up the Apeks on clearance but couldn't justify tossing my Dive Hurricanes (which are AL Legend knock offs, which are designed from Apeks technology).

And manufactured by Beuchat.

---------- Post added March 18th, 2013 at 07:44 PM ----------

---------- Post added March 18th, 2013 at 07:48 PM ----------

. While I do understand Apeks is considered the "best" regulator on the market :).

They are?.....Oh, you mean in England.

Back
Top Bottom