My homemade logbook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meisburger

Reaction score
Attached is a zipped Word file of the logbook I am making. It is modeled on an old Spiro (AquaLung) logbook. The original is in French, but mines in English. The Word document can be printed duplex on a laser printer (color is nicer, but I only have black and white). Any paper will work, but I used blank pages of the company letterhead because the paper is better quality that the regular photocopy stuff. You will need fourteen sheets for this logbook. After printing, measure up a quarter inch from the lower box and cut the sheets in half with a razor knife and straightedge. Take the first seven sheets off each stack, and you will have four equal piles. Fold each pile in half to make four signatures (sections or booklets). The signatures can be sewn or stapled. I plan to sew mine, then bind it. I will post pictures as I continue this project.

Although I modeled this on an existing log, I made some modifications, and would be intereeted in suggestions to improve it.

Cheers, Tim

The logbook is 112 pages. That is fifty dives, identity, and other information. I sewed the signatures together this evening and will try to do a cover tomorrow. Tim

Nice looking logbook.

Here is a photo of the stitched logbook. I searched the web for info on how to do this, but nothing was very clear, so I just did what seemed to make sense, sewing both the sections, and binding them together.

Today I will try to make a cover.

Tim

Great setup man......looks very professional.....I might just have to start using it for myself :wink:

Thanks. Feel free to use it or adapt it to your own needs. it could also be done loose-leaf, so that you could slip in pictures, maps or other stuff fromthe dive site.

I put the cover on, but am not too pleased. I used a soft cover made from some cream pasteboard lying around the office, and it looks like it will get really dirty very quickly. If I use a soft cover, I think I need something coated so it doesn't pick up dirt. I would prefer a hard cover, but haven't figured out how to do it yet. I'll try to post a picture of the completed logbook tomorrow.

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom