My Instructor & Friend's gear was Stolen! :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The investigator will trace it back. Mine passed through several hands (even Ebay), before the theif was given the smack down.

If you guys ever see this kind of thing going down, knock the thief over the head with your shoe. Tie some cave line to his ankle, hook that up to the bumper of your car with a bolt snap, and drive to the nearest police station with you find..............

While diving at LaJola Beach last summer, someone must have observed my son hidding the car key under the car frame. By the time the dive was done and we climbed the steps up to the angle parking area, the thief had gotten in the car and stolden his wallet and CD's. These kind of low lives are always watching at dive locations for a quick heist. Unfortunately the losers who did this to you are all too common. This makes me wonder if my homeowners covers scuba gear??

500 PSI:
While diving at LaJola Beach last summer, someone must have observed my son hidding the car key under the car frame. By the time the dive was done and we climbed the steps up to the angle parking area, the thief had gotten in the car and stolden his wallet and CD's. These kind of low lives are always watching at dive locations for a quick heist. Unfortunately the losers who did this to you are all too common. This makes me wonder if my homeowners covers scuba gear??
Never hide your key on your car. I take my key with my on a ring on my BC D-ring. People who have electronic keys should use a good key box or something like that or put the key in your buddy's car and have him/her take the key into the water.

This may be obvious, but it's worth saying.

Sorry about your loss, thieves really suck!!

Sean

I always carry my keys in my bathing suit pocket (under the wetsuit). However, there were the two times I dove without a wetsuit and lost my keys BOTH times. Fortunately the first time they were found by another diver and left there, the second time found by me.

Dr. Bill

when i had this really old pos car id always leave the keys on the car in hope that the car would not be there when i returned, however my car or anything in it was never stolen, i dont like taking my keys with me because they seem to have a way of disappearing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom