My journey into tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I saw you switch out of the split fins to the small Eddys I though the soft material was probably a good compromise for your knees. I'll be interested to see what ends up working best for you in the end.

When I saw you switch out of the split fins to the small Eddys I though the soft material was probably a good compromise for your knees. I'll be interested to see what ends up working best for you in the end.

So did I. We’ll see how the Eddys work in the pool with the twinset. I’ll still use them for single tank diving n

My wife has a pair of small eddy fins and medium RK3s She uses the RK3s for single tank and sidemount. Her testing has not been exhaustive but she feels she has more control with the eddy fins. She says they are lighter, more maneuverable and easier on her ankles. The tips are more pliable but the fins work well for her.

Marie, I mis-typed my last response. My wife uses the Eddy fins. The RK3s sit on the shelf at this point.

I have some exciting news. :D

A fellow SB member, who is TDI tech instructor in the Great Lakes region as well as a wreck diver (I will not take any tech class from an instructor who is not also a Great Lakes wreck diver) has contacted me and offered to do my Intro to Tech class next year. I will have a good bit of travel (by car) to get to his location, but it will be a grand adventure! Instructor and I had a great, very long conversation last night. We meshed very well.

:flowers:

Another SB friend (who sent me a doubles wing and manifold) will be doing ITT with me. :D

I got my order from DGX today with bolts for my STA (now that the weighted insert is kaput) and a few triglides. I’m doing a New Year’s Day shore dive in Lake Michigan in Indiana, so I’ll actually be diving in about week.

Do I need to use a triglide to lock my harness where the waist belt enters the plate? Or don’t bother?

Don’t bother unless you’re seeing slippage. I don’t use them on mine and I’ve put everything on it from singles to LP108’s to rebreathers without issue.

That being said, not all of the webbing slots are always the same size so if you’re seeing slippage it’s cheap insurance.

It’s always good to have extra tri-glides and d-rings around anyway.

I have some exciting news. :D

A fellow SB member, who is TDI tech instructor in the Great Lakes region as well as a wreck diver (I will not take any tech class from an instructor who is not also a Great Lakes wreck diver) has contacted me and offered to do my Intro to Tech class next year. I will have a good bit of travel (by car) to get to his location, but it will be a grand adventure! Instructor and I had a great, very long conversation last night. We meshed very well.

:flowers:

Another SB friend (who sent me a doubles wing and manifold) will be doing ITT with me. :D
Headed down to the St Lawrence then?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom