My Kids SCUBA Costumes for Halloween

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Archer_Pensacola

Contributor
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I asked for ideas of how to piece together SCUBA costumes for my two boys (4 & 8). The 4 year old won a prize for most original at his halloween party.

cj.jpg

My 8 year old

brody.jpg

My 4 year old (with untucked wetsuit)

cjback.jpg

Back of the costume

real cute ideas, what was in the doubles before you converted them?

Putting them on a rebreather was brilliant. Super cute!

For those wondering..... The "wetsuits" are just stretchy girl's clothes. My wife had to alter the pants cuz they were flared at the bottom. She also painted the DD flag on the fronts. The gear/backpacks are two 2-liter soda bottles, connected to PVC pipe and the knob/gauge in the middle is a half styrofoam ball. The air hoses are sections of corrugated pool hose and you can't see it but each has a snorkel mouthpiece glued into the middle for them to bite on. The weight belts are nylon webbing with two aluminum foil covered styrofoam blocks attached with velcro, and the backpacks are held on with nylon webbing straps. The masks are regular pool masks and the fins are cardboard (bad color though, they look like duck feet). Altogether they cost prob $15-20 worth of materials, including the used clothes from ebay.

Well done! It's nice to see parents making original costumes again instead of just running out to wal-mart and plopping down cash for something unimaginitive that will be used and forgotten. Thanks for sharing. I have an 8 year-old and a 3 year-old that would have loved to done that!

Back
Top Bottom