My LDS can't be bothered with my small sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm know there are great deals on gear at ebay and other sites and that the majority of the time there are no issues. I personally just want to know that my gear is in perfect working order and is the safest it can possibly be. I just don't want to risk getting defective of used equipment that was not properly cared for. This is not a bash on anyone who sells or buys online! Just a felow divers opinion.

I'm know there are great deals on gear at ebay and other sites and that the majority of the time there are no issues. I personally just want to know that my gear is in perfect working order and is the safest it can possibly be. I just don't want to risk getting defective of used equipment that was not properly cared for. This is not a bash on anyone who sells or buys online! Just a felow divers opinion.

I agree completely. However, anytime you buy something used it should be checked and/or serviced, so factor that into the cost. I do my own servicing so for me it's not a big issue.

There's no such thing a small sales. Actually, most of the time we are doing smaller, cheaper purchases. But if the store wants to ensure that we will give them the business when we are ready for a major purchase, attention and taking care of the customer is the only way to do it. I believe in my LDS's and have had mostly good luck throughout my moves. If they won't take care of you, find one that will.

as a shop owner take scared silly advice we as shop owners are very good divers but poor businessmen so you guys help use stay around by using us. we all love the sport but you cant get air fills on line or dive experience. so you divers that are professionals in business talk to your lds and help him stay around for all of you

as a shop owner take scared silly advice we as shop owners are very good divers but poor businessmen so you guys help use stay around by using us. we all love the sport but you cant get air fills on line or dive experience. so you divers that are professionals in business talk to your lds and help him stay around for all of you

I will buy a compressor for my own air fills (and for friends) and buy everything else online rather than give my business to somebody who feels they deserve it or that I have to give it to them because I need air. This is the wrong approach for you to take. You, as an LDS, should be busting your hump to service every customer, big or small, new or old and trying to give them the absolute best deal possible. THAT and only that will keep a shop in business. The sense of entitlement that some LDS's have is what will close their doors.

Last edited:

Honestly if I saw a shop (I'd not been in) I knew post something this illiterate and unintelligible, I would make a note never to set foot in your shop.

If you're going to have an online presence make sure it's professional.

PunCtuatiON! and capiTALIzation, maTters;

Last edited:
ill just say you dont know what you dont know. sorry for the grammer but i dont have time to spell check to busy loosing money in the dive business. as for on line it has its place but what i hate is divers come in my store take my time and knowledge and the go home and buy on line because they save 20 bucks and then feel the need to return to the store to tell me they did it (AUSM) but we love the divers and the business let me say you may not come in my shop but we will be here for

the dive shop owner that broke his compressor and had no way to repair it we pumped his air at cost 20 tanks 84.00
the student with ashbuger autisum ( sorry or spelling but he didnot care)we stayed in the water longer and took more class to make sure he gets it for no extra charge

and the guys at walter reed hospital we donated 4500.00 worth of gear out of our pocket because they gave so much to us all.

for drownding victum family we returned there love one to them

being ther when we are needed PRICELESS

lol enjoy the day and remember make your choices but be kind along the way

sorry again for the spelling

This is a valid and tolerable argument. BUT, this is a problem with the person and not the situation. The fact that a buyer will "learn" from your shop and take their business elsewhere for an insignificant amount is a problem with the buyer.

what i hate is divers come in my store take my time and knowledge and the go home and buy on line because they save 20 bucks and then feel the need to return to the store to tell me they did it

I for one understand the need for an LDS and respect the business side of our arrangement (buyer/seller). I also, unfortunately, do this for a living so I know my standards may be a little higher than some others. I expect my business dealings to be just that....business dealings. I do not get offended when the LDS will not drop their price. As such, they should not be offended if I work with them but buy something elsewhere when they were given valid chances to get the business. It is just that....business. I will almost always work with my local shop but when I was in a position to buy all of my Ikelite equipment online (trusted source such as B&H) AND save $600....guess what? I told my LDS "Thanks for working with me but I am buying it elsewhere because.....". If that gets them upset with me, then they have no business being in business. I will however pay 5-15% premiums on lights, hoods, gloves etc. without question in there. This is to do my part to help out.

But I do know exactly what I know......every single LDS who feels they are ENTITLED to our business had better smarten up or they get crushed under the tires of the oncoming change. You need to work for your business and just because you donate some gear, does not mean I should subsidize that by spending my hard earned money on your premiums.

Just so you know, you still owe sales tax on the item if you buy it on-line, it's just your responsibility to pay it directly to South Carolina:

Sales and Use Tax Web Page

Just because a retailer doesn't COLLECT tax from you does not mean you don't OWE it!

:no:

:D

Um, yeah, I'll get right on that...
:laughing:
Oh, wait, we have no sales tax here:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom