My New White's Fusion Bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a sport skin and a Bullet skin. I wish the sport skin would support pockets, and I wish the Bullet skin didn't make the suit so hard to get on and off. I'm never satisfied :)

:) You sound like me :) I love my pockets on my bullet skin and I had some trouble getting my legs pulled up initially. The first time I used it my one fin kept popping off since my feet and legs weren't pulled up far enough. The next time I finally just kept pulling the inner shell from the upper legs until my feet were in all the way. I then pulled the inner shell up from there. It made pulling the skin up and over easier as I put my arms through. :) You are right though .. It is a task. :)

There seems to be an infinite number of issues to deal with in dry-suits. I am trying to avoid for as long as I can...

I love diving dry and the White's Fusion is very comfortable compared to the pinnacle I tried recently. I still feel very mobile in the fusion and I am still able to comfortably frog kick.

I was initially happy since I am an avid Apeks Regulator user, but I will pay extra close attention to leaks as I use my new fusion bullet.
I generally don't trust critical elements of my scuba gear until I put 100+ dives on it. It takes me that long to dive the item in question in different conditions, see how parts wear on it, and figure out how easy it is to service. I'm happiest when I've put a few hundred dives on a piece of gear, and I've gotten what I perceive to be my "money's worth" out of it.

Be careful about falling in love with one particular brand or the other. I see this happen a lot in ScubaBoard threads. People gush about regs they have only used on a handful of dives, a drysuit that has only seen the pool, or a computer that hasn't even gotten wet yet. Just because one product in a company's line (e.g., Apeks regs) may be excellent, does not mean that different items sold by the same company (e.g., drysuit exhaust valves) are just as good.

I generally don't trust critical elements of my scuba gear until I put 100+ dives on it. It takes me that long to dive the item in question in different conditions, see how parts wear on it, and figure out how easy it is to service.

Be careful about falling in love with one particular brand or the other. I see this happen a lot in ScubaBoard threads. People gush about regs they have only used on a handful of dives, a drysuit that has only seen the pool, or a computer that hasn't even gotten wet yet. Just because one product in a company's line (e.g., Apeks regs) may be excellent, does not mean that different items sold by the same company (e.g., drysuit exhaust valves) are just as good.

Hehe, I hear what you are saying. Thanks for the advise!! I only have 5 dives dry so far and 35 total since I started diving this past August. I am still building up equipment performance / longevity experience. :)

I will say that Apeks is impressive as a company and I do like to buy equipment that comes from a strong company (pretty much with anything I buy). It is sad to see what is happening to Pinnacle right now.

I do have about 500 dives on my Fusion, and I still think it's one of the most incredible choices out there in dry suits . . . in fact, I can't think of what I would prefer to it, which is why I haven't bought something else :) It has its shortcomings, as all suits do, but the gestalt works for me. I think you'll love your suit, Mike!

I do have about 500 dives on my Fusion, and I still think it's one of the most incredible choices out there in dry suits . . . in fact, I can't think of what I would prefer to it, which is why I haven't bought something else :) It has its shortcomings, as all suits do, but the gestalt works for me. I think you'll love your suit, Mike!

Sounds good to hear this! I feel better about my purchase.

Although I'm in Miami, Fl, the 69 degree winter water is too cold for me in a 5mm pinnacle merino after about 30 mins and gets worse when I get out and I'm wet in 40-50 degree air. I just get cold easily *shrug*.

So I ordered the Fusion Bullet with the pockets and new fusion boots and look forward to my included pool/dive session this Sunday.

I guess I'll keep on eye on the apeks valves.

In the future when I have more funds, I plan on replacing the neck and wrist seals with the si tech removable silicone system.

DaMaDo....you're gonna love it ! I have absolutely no issues getting in or out of mine ! Way easier than getting into any wetsuit.

Hey....I ordered a Contour for my Cenote trip in March !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom