My son is on his way home from Afghanistan!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats to you and your son. Tell him I said thank you for a job well done. All 3 of my kids are preparing for sept. deployments, so my worries are just starting, again.

dw

You must be so proud, especially about the re-enlistment part. If he has endured through one tour, his resolve to continue in the service speaks legions for his character.

My thanks go out to both of you!

Jim,
This is great news! May God continue to bless him and keep him safe. Welcome home Joshua.

Jim Rogers
USN RET

Deep Water I'll keep your family in my prayers.

That's great Jim, my middle son just got back from another tour last week as well and my youngest is slated to rotate in September.

God bless all our servicemen!

The only easy day was yesterday.

I'm not sure when or if Josh is going back. He has decided along with reupping that he is going to get his degree and apply for a commission. He is already an Airborne Linguist and Tactical Sensor Operator. He may retrain for something else. What he does know is he likes it in there and he knows it is the right thing to do. As well as the right thing for him.

I just need a bumper sticker that says "My son is defending his country, what is your honor student doing for his?" .

Congrats Jim. I can't thik of a better Fathers day present.
One of the worst days of my life, and probably my fathers although he won't admit it, was when I was rejected from the Navy for a medical condition.
From all of us who couldn't serve tell your son thank you!

Outstanding! That is great news. Please make sure he knows how greatful we are, and welcome home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom