My trip to becoming a cave diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Over the course of my last cert. as an AOW diver I made a really good buddy. Its really awesome to find somebody that has the same goals as you as a diver but also has different goals that interest you, that maybe you would have never thought of.

I've slowly been collecting gear to turn my single rig setup into a doubles setup, as my budget can afford it. Just the other day picked up a used Halcyon Eos 12 canister for 600 cad in cash, pretty good deal I would say, as well as a second first stage the halcyon h50 new. as for manifold and band the DGX seems affordable as I can't justify 200 dollars for a pair of bands from my LDS.

When it comes to future training, still need my drysuit probably do that privatly as my gills are dry and I need to dive like now lol. after that Intro to tech>cave 1 in Florida @ ginnie> who knows (gotta fit rescue in there somewhere).

I just can't wait to dive a cave certified with my buddy for the first time. The journey to get there will be an awesome experiance too.

DGX stuff is great. But you may find that two random tanks of the same model don’t pair well due to manufacturing variations and changes in design over time. So if you intend to pair a tank with one you have already I’d compare them in person that they are in fact the same size with the curve at the top starting at the same place etc. if you buy a kit from DGX they will pair up.

I was going to buy the tank from my LDS where I bought the first tank about a year ago, I had thought of that so I am hoping that there shouldn't be any change. They haven't advised against it yet so I should be fine.

There is a pretty strong and friendly group of active divers in the Kineston/Ontario area, not too far, I believe, from you. A lot are active cave and tech divers

on the doubles, check to find a used set of doubles. They are usually $400-$600 USD depending on which size, which is probably about what you'll pay if you try to part it together with one new tank from your LDS with new bits. Tons of doubles come up all the time on craigslist, down in florida in cave country especially.

It's a fun, fun trip. Take time and smell the cave arrows.

Do we have to blow a tiny stream of bubbles and smell at the same time? Or will that be covered in "intro"?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom