My Youth Has Been Revived

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spent my 30th Birthday with Paul Heinmiller (later NAUI Branch Manager and then Director of Research and Development for ORCA Industries) and Dr. Joe McGinnis (the Canadian Diving Doc) and two bottles of pre-revolutionary Nicaraguan Flor de Cana Especial. We had big fun.

My Draft#was 297...but one of my closest friends got 3. We were in college then so he maintained his 2s deferment till he graduated...Thinking sure he was prime meat for "Nam", right after graduation he came down with a wicked case of appendix rupture...sick for 6 weeks...well during that 6 weeks they ended the draft! So he was free!

Well after that ordeal, the DS volunteered for the Peace Core...anyway he met a Phillopean nurse while on tour and live happily ever after

I remember thinking '30 must suck,' when I was 20.

Thought the same of 40, when I turned 30... etc.

Now I'm 53, and thinking 60 is the new 40... right?

The one and only time I saw my father cry was when JFK was assassinated.

Personally, I have few problems with the fact that I'm in my 60's... except that the "young ladies" no longer seem that interested. You know the ones I mean, the forty-somethings.

Personally, I have few problems with the fact that I'm in my 60's... except that the "young ladies" no longer seem that interested. You know the ones I mean, the forty-somethings.

It seems like I am having the same problem....the 30-somethings do not seem to be interested....perhaps I should move up to the 40-somethings:14:

I Endeavor to Pursue...2008 ...October back to-Raja Ampat-Lembeh Straits....
Travelnsj,
Is this a liveaboard? Which one? Looking for something for September.

I Endeavor to Pursue...2008 ...October back to-Raja Ampat-Lembeh Straits....
Travelnsj,
Is this a liveaboard? Which one? Looking for something for September.

No, it is the Sorido resort next to the Kri resort in Papua....on the way to Sorong do the Lembeh Straits south of Monado ...the combination is finest diving I have done.

Turning 30 wasn't so bad. Turning 36 was hard for some reason. The big 40 happens this year and thus far it ain't bothering me.
I think I finally figured out who I am and what I'm supposed to be doing. LOL
late bloomer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom