My Youth Has Been Revived

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was 52 when I got married. Never thought it would happen.

30 was easy. I remember walking around the office at 25 thinking/saying "I am a quarter of a century old". This year, I hit the half-century mark. Except a few minor pains here and there, I am in good shape and enjoying life. Where I stuggle is with the 'kids' not being around any more...when most of your life was 'dedicated' to them (heavily involved in Scouts and camping with them), the void that is created when they 'dare' want to be with their friends more than us is pretty ominous.

I never was a big partier after they were born, so maybe my solution is (to quote a line from Animal House), "..start drinking heavily"......nah, maybe I will just dive even more!

I was in my college dorm in Boston when it happened. If I remember correctly it was spring break so there were no classes and I was staying at school because I didn't have the money to fly home (I was saving it for my three month backpacking trip around Europe that summer).

1968 may have included the summer of love, but it also had some very disturbing non-loving events including MLK, Bobby and the DNC.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom