MySpace Pages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucybuykx:
2 meg broadband working at full pelt. I suspect there was some other nasty javascript control going on that wanted me to watch the video before allowing next action. Did what I do during TV ads - something else.

I guess I'm spoiled with 12Mb.

sandshaker:
:rofl3: :rofl3: awww...come on now DD you know you want a cute guy on your myspace:D
Nope, and your time in my top 4 may be limited if you don't get your smilin' face back on profile pic. :)

If you want to get rid of the banner ads on My Space and most other pages it can easily be done with a custom host file. Go to the link and follow the instructions. This wont hurt your computer, its not spy ware or a virus, if you don’t like it you can undo it easily. If you don’t want to use the automatic app on the page you can do this by hand easily enough. Once this is done all the ad boxes will show the “page cannot be displayed message” but you won’t be wasting your bandwidth any longer. Keep in mind My Space is free because they sell advertising, make your own choices about the ethics of blocking the advertising, but I blocked mine long ago.
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Keep in mind My Space is free because they sell advertising, make your own choices about the ethics of blocking the advertising, but I blocked mine long ago.
It's also a good way to get your account deleted...

DandyDon:
It's also a good way to get your account deleted...

Actually Don they will never know you have blocked the ad servers, the host file is on the users computer and does not effect the code on the My Space page.

If you have a Myspace page, you'll be hearing about this...!!

It seems that all comment codes on myspace have a new additive..! www.msplinks is a new tracking code being added since April 20 to try to crack down on spammers & phishers. I did a Source Edit search and found it on all comments since sometime on the 20th. Yay Myspace - it's about time...!!

Some companies are worrried about losing business, as they put their links in here without permission, without paying, in violation of Myspace Tos/rules.

They have started a rumor that this is a Virus. It is not!! This is great...!!

From: http://socialham.com/2007/04/23/myspace-begins-filtering-outgoing-links/

MySpace has taken some of the first real steps to address the spam and phishing problems of the web site. Mark Monitor who offers online security and brand protection services now offer some type of much needed help to MySpace. I couldn’t find any announcement of a partnership between the two companies but the domain msplinks.com was recently registered through Mark Monitor and is now being used to filter some outgoing links posted on MySpace. Currently it seems to only affect messages and comments but it will probably encompass other areas of the site as well.

When a link is posted it is converted into link from msplinks.com with a long string of encrypted information.

Example:
www.msplinks.com/F4Ffd32FHjsk7kjgMhG5Ff$

This will allow MySpace to track outgoing links and better identify spammy messages or phishing schemes. Overall a step in the right direction however this could present a major problem for companies that use MySpace to drive traffic to their web sites. Just as with the recent Photobucket controversy MySpace could easily kill an outgoing link and cut off the flow of traffic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom