Mystery Barge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This looked like a more promising target than it ended up being. Its in 142ffw, we only did 6mins of BT (about 50 x 20ft so one swim around) since its upside down. But the video still worked up to something fun and I think it gives a good idea of what diving in Lake Washington is about.
Small mystery barge in Lake WA on Vimeo

Interesting music :p

Anyway, finding stuff is always fun, even if it doesn't end up epic - good job guys.

Still working on the more interesting dive2.

Its tough taking video with a CSI X-scooter cam (my only video). As you can tell its rediculously easy to just blow it out with a 21W HID. Putting it on flood helps a little but what I really need is a diffuser.

Get a video reflector. Helped me enormously. Even with that, you can still blow the sensor. It gets better with practice (shocking). The CSI camera is really quite sensitive.

Get a video reflector. Helped me enormously. Even with that, you can still blow the sensor. It gets better with practice (shocking). The CSI camera is really quite sensitive.

I've considered it but KMD had one on the Scepter Squamish and it pans across my shots periodically. It didn't really seem to make that big a difference to me at least. Maybe with a diffuser too.

I have a boat, compressor, banks of 32%, a booster, software for wreck hunting, more tanks than I can count, blah blah so unfortunately videography kinda takes a back seat :( My wife just bought a Nikon D3100 SLR which takes video so as soon as we get a housing I'll be borrowing that for these kick dives :D Panning around an X scooter is a drag and editing one ginormous file isn't fun either.

I find I add back a ton of color and light on deeper dives using the reflector. It does take technique to do that without blowing highlights (it's an ongoing learning curve for me). I've seen a big improvement in my videos using it.

I've done a few topside videos with my Nikon D7000. I plan to house it this year and would like to shoot some underwater videos on it. I must say, though, that if you think the CSI is a pain, you're going to hate HD on a DSLR (way bigger package, all manual controls, constant white balancing, huge files, slower editing/uploading, etc). :)

Nice dive, BTW; thanks for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom