Myth busters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too was looking forward to watching the show but I have to work. Can you guys post back with the results?

Will do chief! My DM instructor told me of a guy who was completely obsessed with getting a tank to explode. He ended up shooting an old AL80 with a .30-06 rifle (pretty big gun) and it did NOT explode. It did however punch a hole in it, and the full tank drained in a few seconds, throwing out a 25-foot plume of escaping gas. He said they found the little cylinder of aluminum that the bullet punched through on the inside of the tank afterwards....quite a souvenier! (sp?)

TheDom:
Will do chief! My DM instructor told me of a guy who was completely obsessed with getting a tank to explode. He ended up shooting an old AL80 with a .30-06 rifle (pretty big gun) and it did NOT explode. It did however punch a hole in it, and the full tank drained in a few seconds, throwing out a 25-foot plume of escaping gas. He said they found the little cylinder of aluminum that the bullet punched through on the inside of the tank afterwards....quite a souvenier! (sp?)

There's a video of someone on here who had the same obsession. Do a search for "Tank explode" in the title and you'll find it. (And do us all a favor and don't reply to the thread. As you read it you'll see why as it "rambled" on forever).

Anyone hear what that girl on there just said? "And back in the 70s, they actually had STEEL tanks..."

Wow! I've never heard of such a 70s thing....I wonder if there are any steel tanks still around? Hmm?

Phh.

I like the comment about the 1.3 million explosion power in the tank

I think whalerkyle should get royalties on that show.

Back
Top Bottom