NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the sticker I've seen,"Dive more, post less"
The funny thing is that the worst drama queens usually have this on their car. Don't think for a minute that the worst ones are on the forums: they're not smart enough to survive with all the crap they spew. :D :D :D

You mean like starting a thread in a public forum named "NACD Instructor standards violation" about an alleged incident that may have happened 2+ years ago, and then making no further comment about an investigation or its findings for a month and a half?

they are getting their ducks in a row and ready to release findings. They had to release information saying why they suspended him and removed him as an instructor. They can't release any more information until all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

edit: symantics on instructor vs. TD

was just in response to Hetland on why it has been 6 weeks since the thread was started...

I don't know you (to my knowledge), so this is nothing personal. I've mostly stayed out of this thread bc the various horses involved are so dead the meat is rotting and yet the beating continues... but this is just beyond my comprehension. I am absolutely flummoxed as to why it is necessary to announce someone else is working on an announcement, ESPECIALLY when that someone else - or else representatives of that someone else - is/are actively engaged in the thread!

Last edited:
The funny thing is that the worst drama queens usually have this on their car. Don't think for a minute that the worst ones are on the forums: they're not smart enough to survive with all the crap they spew. :D :D :D

Yes indeed, i often see the folks that claim to hate Scubaboard and the Internet for the "gossip" be the ones that are most involved in the face to face and over the phone type. I often think that maybe they are worried that doing it in a public forum would expose them for who they are and often the lies they tell.

I like this format, it leaves NO question of how I stand or what I said, if folks hate me for it...that's cool it's a big world

I hear you. I was surprised to see one of the most prolific posters on this thread posted 42 times on SB yesterday (and this doesn't include CDF), and 30+ today. With the time distribution of these posts it is in the AM before work, at work, and after work. Now either NetDoc you have the best restaurant in town,or we are a little bit OCD. Not trying to be nosey or ugly,but with the mention on other threads for the dislike of cave politics, this is cave politics.

I don't know you (to my knowledge), so this is nothing personal. I've mostly stayed out of this thread bc the various horses involved are so dead the meat is rotting and yet the beating continues... but this is just beyond my comprehension. I am absolutely flummoxed as to why it is necessary to announce someone else is working on an announcement, ESPECIALLY when that someone else - or else representatives of that someone else - is/are actively engaged in the thread!

Because the phone lines and PM's/email are buzzing by people that are afraid to be held accountable for what they are saying and doing...in short they are cowards who prefer to be back stabbing, underhanded and subversive to just saying what they know and think and letting sunlight solve the issue

because they can't. It is in their best interest to stay out of anything that could potentially come back to bite them. I didn't announce anything, it was common knowledge that they are working on the report, all I said was that they were still working on it to make sure that it was bullet proof because someone raised the question of why haven't we heard anything in 6 weeks. Well you haven't heard any news, because there is no news to give.

Similar circumstance. Deflategate. We heard nothing official until the report was released. The report sucked, there is now lots of lashing out because the report was inconclusive but punishments were doled out anyway. If they had announced that a report was coming and it was delayed, or announced that it was complete and it wasn't, they have a big problem. It is best to not officially announce anything, and anything Rick posts in this thread could be considered official.

because they can't. It is in their best interest to stay out of anything that could potentially come back to bite them. I didn't announce anything, it was common knowledge that they are working on the report, all I said was that they were still working on it to make sure that it was bullet proof because someone raised the question of why haven't we heard anything in 6 weeks. Well you haven't heard any news, because there is no news to give.

Similar circumstance. Deflategate. We heard nothing official until the report was released. The report sucked, there is now lots of lashing out because the report was inconclusive but punishments were doled out anyway. If they had announced that a report was coming and it was delayed, or announced that it was complete and it wasn't, they have a big problem. It is best to not officially announce anything, and anything Rick posts in this thread could be considered official.

And exactly what value did your post add?

... and anything Rick posts in this thread could be considered official.

That's the very reason that heads of agencies who would like to share information with the diving community and show more transparency do not participate in social media very often or never in some cases. Everything posted becomes a paper trail. You'd be surprised how little official communication within the industry occurs in written form. If anything, the State Department could learn from the scuba industry which would probably like all their instructors to STFU on message boards and leave all discussions to divers with no professional memberships or agency affiliations.

That's the very reason that heads of agencies who would like to share information with the diving community and show more transparency do not participate in social media very often or never in some cases.
I love you Trace, but you are wrong here. The reason these Luddites avoid Social Media and ScubaBoard in particular is because they are scared poopless by it. They have no clue how to participate and rather than learn, they demean it and everyone who uses it. They could have a great impact on the dive and cave communities, but they hide behind their ignorance and lash out when challenged about it. The best marketing used to be word of mouth, but now it's word of internet forums. Ignore us and you're sure to go away. [/shameless plug] (By "you're", I obviously don't mean Trace, who has embraced the interwebs pretty successfully.) If you don't understand the workings of the interwebs and are a part of the industry, then please consider me your Huckleberry. I'm happy to school people in how all this social crap works and even how to get others to do your work for you. It will cost you nothing but time... and maybe a beer or two. :D [/shameless plug #2]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom