NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my opinion, IF the CDF restricts the "Freedom of Speech" of its members because someone might disagree with the NACDs, then the CDF should also restrict any NACD topics to be posted at all.
This would include any up-coming NACD promotional threads, advertisements, special announcements, etc.

I know when I owned Rebreather World, if someone sent me a "Govern yourself accordingly" letter, ALL their threads would disappear.
Given how they are acting today, cdf would probably get sued for defamatory deletion.....

Daru

It has been brought to my attention by a little birdy, that the Cave Divers Forum (CDF) has received a "Please Govern Yourself Accordingly" letter from the NACD's attorney. The CDF has decided NOT to allow any NACD related topics on their forum.
Because trying to stop people from talking about a non profit is a good idea.... not

On a second note the result of the survey really said it all.

I last joined NACD a few years ago bc it cost the same to join (and get Wakulla Bronze included with membership) as it did just to get Wakulla Bronze. I hit hours in the OH well before # of dives, and ended up applying for Abe Davis *months* after Wakulla Bronze. Still I received my Abe Davis *before* I got my Wakulla Bronze. After that, I let my NACD membership lapse. It was too much work to get my Wakulla Bronze; I didn't see the need to support an organization that couldn't get it together to issue cards and awards.

Now a lawyer is sending letters to people and forums asking them (if I understand correctly) to stop talking about (or providing a forum for talking about) the NACD? Really? C'mon!!! Is this the way the NACD is going to bring members back?

Also I am confused - as a non-member so I'm not relevant but I'm gonna put it out there anywhere...

Is everyone on the BOD treated the same? IOW, if there are allegations of misconduct filed against a member of the BOD will the same protocol be followed as it was in Rob's case? (Generally musings I guess since the NACD isn't responding anymore)

It has been brought to my attention by a little birdy, that the Cave Divers Forum (CDF) has received a "Please Govern Yourself Accordingly" letter from the NACD's attorney. The CDF has decided NOT to allow any NACD related topics on their forum.

I last joined NACD a few years ago bc it cost the same to join (and get Wakulla Bronze included with membership) as it did just to get Wakulla Bronze. I hit hours in the OH well before # of dives, and ended up applying for Abe Davis *months* after Wakulla Bronze. Still I received my Abe Davis *before* I got my Wakulla Bronze.

Sounds familiar, my application also took ages to process.

Is everyone on the BOD treated the same? IOW, if there are allegations of misconduct filed against a member of the BOD will the same protocol be followed as it was in Rob's case? (Generally musings I guess since the NACD isn't responding anymore)

Well, Rob Neto was suspended without witness statements for all (or at least the major) allegations. As a result there were also no dates provided.
Also most (if not all) of these classes were apparently not even NACD classes, the students not even being NACD students.
In short, there was no investigation.

As to the report concerning Larry Green, that report was filed with a full statement by one witness, name and address of another witness, plus written proof of one allegation (suspected c-card expiration date manipulation).
Yet, two weeks into the "investigation" Larry Green is still listed as an instructor on the NACD web site.

So to answer your question, it doesn't seem like everyone on the BOD is treated the same.

Last edited:
From the NACD Website:

Secretary / Treasurer - Vacant
Training Director - Vacant
Director - Vacant
Public Relations - Vacant
General Manager - Vacant
Operations Manager - Vacant
----------------------------------
Training Committee Chair - Vacant
Science Committee - Vacant
International Safety Officer - Vacant
Publications - Vacant
Conservation - Michael Angelo Gagliardi (huh?)
Library - Vacant
Equipment Technology - Vacant
Journal Advertising - Vacant

They need volunteers! Come on people, it's because YOU don't give hard enough that you don't have a journal to read!

I don't see the bylaws posted, but I do see that the President took the time to let everyone know where the focus of the organization truly lies: Announcements Archives

As per my request I have been removed from the NACD website as I have resigned all positions previous held.

I know when I owned Rebreather World, if someone sent me a "Govern yourself accordingly" letter, ALL their threads would disappear.
I usually just publish any such letter. We don't direct or mediate discussions among friends or enemies here.

As per my request I have been removed from the NACD website as I have resigned all positions previous held.

Welcome to the ranks of X NACD BOD/Committee Members/Volunteers (This number is extremely high)

The NSS-CDS needs dedicated volunteers and they are moving forwards to much bigger and better things.

That is where I am putting my money and time!

Welcome to the ranks of X NACD BOD/Committee Members/Volunteers (This number is extremely high)

The NSS-CDS needs dedicated volunteers and they are moving forwards to much bigger and better things.

That is where I am putting my money and time!

so is he... check out the new Conservation Chair! WAHOOOO!

The CDF has decided NOT to allow any NACD related topics on their forum.

I have said it here and will say it again. The CDF mods have their own personal agendas that are foremost and that is fine, its their toybox. You will not see that here on ScubaBoard.

Go to CDF and look at the post from Rob Neto explaining his position. There are more redactions than need be. :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom