Nail Polish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SSIdiver02 once bubbled...
Theres one real way to solve it....dive dry! Also, how do you wear gloves with long nails? Or do you just stay above most of the thermos?

I do dive dry which keeps the toes nice.. but I don't wear gloves... then again as a Massage Therapist I don't have long nails either...

KImber

do y'all paint hands and feet? or one or the other?

fingernail polish chips on me instantly, so i don't use anything but clear.

but i have a personal rule that toes must be painted AT ALL TIMES -- ie, during my recent knee surgery, on a dive trip, etc.

i take my polish on dive trips (high maintenance gal :)). color gets touched up as needed, clear coat every day.

it makes my feet look sooo much better when i'm lounging about apres dive.

divemistress

I discovered a super cheap brand called Mira two summers ago at Eckard Drug store. We were on our way out to the lake and stopped for something and I grabbed a bottle of hot pink Mira for my toes and painted on the drive down. I only did one sloppy coat in the car but it stayed on like nothing else I had ever bought.

I have about 4 different shades of Mira now that I use for diving weekends but I only paint my toes and not my fingers so the wear factor may be different. It is only about $2 a bottle so you might want to try it on fingernails also and see if it works.

:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

Nope i certainly dont paint my toenails lol

Tried to let them grow, but they break too easily when I'm in the water a lot. Had a manicure once & had fake ones put on, but ended up cutting them off...:D
Obviously I'm not a "high maintenance" kind of girl!!!!

Cindy
:girl:

divemistress once bubbled...
do y'all paint hands and feet? or one or the other?

fingernail polish chips on me instantly, so i don't use anything but clear.

but i have a personal rule that toes must be painted AT ALL TIMES -- ie, during my recent knee surgery, on a dive trip, etc.

i take my polish on dive trips (high maintenance gal :)). color gets touched up as needed, clear coat every day.

it makes my feet look sooo much better when i'm lounging about apres dive.

divemistress

I have to agree with you 100%. My fingernails could look like total crap some times, but you take my shoes off, my toenails always look awesome!!!!:dazzle:

MissAmberDiva once bubbled...
I have to agree with you 100%. My fingernails could look like total crap some times, but you take my shoes off, my toenails always look awesome!!!!:dazzle:

Couldn't agree with you more!

OK I have read this thread but for a valid reason....please do not laugh too hard......I had my kids last weekend and my 4 year old daughter put nail polish on my toe nails of my left foot! She was having fun so I let her do it thinking it would just whipe off. I was wrong.....In reading this thread it sounds like the stuff should come off easy but its not coming off. Whats the trick??? This was five days ago and its still there. I have showered daily and been in the pool twice for over two hours.

How do I get this stuff off??? I have really got to move in the change room to get my wet suit boots on before going into the pool to play underwater hockey with the boys. Don't want to get caught with the nail polish if you know what I mean.:bonk:

Bubble Boy once bubbled...
...How do I get this stuff off??? I have really got to move in the change room to get my wet suit boots on before going into the pool to play underwater hockey with the boys. Don't want to get caught with the nail polish if you know what I mean.:bonk:

Got to the drug store, Wal-Mart, dollar store, whatever...and get some polish remover. You'll find it in the cosmetics department. Soak a folded paper towel with the remover and gently rub the affected area. It may take several applications but it WILL come off!

However, after a brisk u/w hockey game I bet it would be rubbed off. Just put your booties on at home!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom