Name for "Women Only" Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not leave things as they are. Everyone knows, or should know, the intent of this forum. Who knows, a member of the opposite, dare I use the word, sex, might be able to contribute or even pick up some knowledge.

Why change the Name? Are you going to change the format?

I didnt think so.

Nothing wrong with the name, or the use. And I dont think there are any men out here cryin over it.

I personally like the name - it gives me a delicious little sneaky feeling when I drop in:D

Dave

I'm really pleased that %70 voted to allow men. I am delighted to have a womens secton. My daughter was so excited that someone had already asked the question about diving during menstruation so she didn't have to ask. That question might be awkward on an open board for some women.

However, any man who is sufficently interested in the differences twixt the sexes to peruse this board deserves kudos, not rocks. Let 'em learn. The lumoxes who don't care about the opions and issues affecting 1/2 of the planet won't come in...and those that are interested, I for one, welcome them.:1st:

Well....
Hmmmm....
I've thought long and hard about this for 20 seconds....
And I think that you will get more men to check in here....
If you just keep the name the same.

i know thinking might be a scary thing....... but oh well im working on it anyway. I think that most of us can honestly say that we have gotten some good input from the men around here, even if it was started for women. I honestly don't see a problem with it, and the name seems fine to me. I always go by the saying "If it's not broken, don't fix it." Seems that might work here. :)

Kayla:)

I like the current name....it obviously hasn't stopped interested men from stopping by and sharing their information, so why change it?

I gave my $.02 on the name change on another thread-The Poll. I thought the original name was misleading to new women, visiting for the 1st time. I thought Women Issues would be a more accurate title. Then I got to this thread and found out that some people are emotionally attached to the name Women Only. Bottom line for me is I will visit here no matter what you call it. And after the initial shock (eeek theres a man) I discovered that I prefer the co-ed enviorment.

P.S. Big James...ahhh, great minds think alike :)

Is the gender discrimination advocated acceptable? What about a "whites only" section?

If the title is acceptable, then why do feminists tell us that discrimination on the basis of gender is not acceptable?

Stepping off my political soap box of giving the feminists a taste of their own hypocritical medicine, I think women's issues would have been a more appropo title, but then again as a guy, who care's?! lol.....

Dave,

It was an innocuous question about the name of this particular forum, but you have blown it all out of proportion.

Obviously you have a problem with feminists.

No offense, but perhaps you could vent someplace else?

~SubMariner~

Now SubMariner,

Why is it when women champion for anti-discrimination they are hailed as civil rights pioneers, but when guys do it with discrimonatory forum names, they are "venting" and they "need to take it elsewhere?" Sounds like misandristic gynocentric matriarchy at work!

Don't make me have to get out my "take back the night" rape whistle, enroll in a battered men's shelter while I hold hands with my soul brothers singing Kumbaya and "We Shall Overcome!."

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom