Name that Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deco_martini

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I like to browse ebay once a week or so. One of these days I'm hope to find a pair of excellerators like Chatterton wears at a price that won't hurt me for taking a chance. Occasionally some weird force fin variant pops up that makes you go "hrm".

Mystery Fin

This looks sort of like a early non-ribbed military SD1 with an earlier version of the velcro strap. What is this fin?

Try "RIP Force" - advertised as a "surfing" fin. It is on the web page. It is a short fin - 15+ inches long.

Not sure how it will work for scuba or snorkeling.

Now - what prize to I win for the correct answer :wink::wink::wink:
(Maybe you don't bid against me??)

If you ever get your hands on a pair of Excellerating FF you WILL love them.

I got lucky last year and bought a used pair - absolutely fabulous.

I am just considering the "RIPs" as something to use when traveling on cruises - we tend to book our own dive excursions and I am trying to keep our gear as light and compact as possible - since it normally entails carrying it off the ship, in & out of a cab/bus and then to the dive shop/boat - and then in reverse. When doing this 3-4 times during a cruise - ounces count.

Deco Martin, just finished the world's largest footpocket on the new Flying Force. Wait till you see photo's of it next week. Mean while that posted fin does look a old version of the Rip Force. Must be about 8 years old with that strap system. Designed for body surfing, with some use for swimming and snorkeling. Hey, help my friend John Chatterton and SUDS. I will come up with a fair SCUBABOARD members only, Force fin special price that will also support John's efforts with SUDS. We will make it possible for you to test a model. Best, Bob

http://www.forcefin.com/video/chatterton.wmv

Last edited by a moderator:
Deco Martin, just finished the world's largest footpocket on the new Flying Force. Wait till you see photo's of it next week. Mean while that posted fin does look a old version of the Rip Force. Must be about 8 years old with that strap system. Designed for body surfing, with some use for swimming and snorkeling. Hey, help my friend John Chatterton and SUDS. I will come up with a fair SCUBABOARD members only, Force fin special price that will also support John's efforts with SUDS. We will make it possible for you to test a model. Best, Bob

Force Fins and SUDS! I can hardly wait. :popcorn::popcorn:

Hey, help my friend John Chatterton and SUDS. I will come up with a fair SCUBABOARD members only, Force fin special price that will also support John's efforts with SUDS.

SUDS is a good program.

We will make it possible for you to test a model. Best, Bob

Thanks Bob.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom