Name this fish please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozdreamer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Picasa Web Albums - Cozdreamer

Also name this brown and white juevenile fish please up next to the social feather duster top right side of white feather dusters:

Picasa Web Albums - Cozdreamer

Here's another angle of this same 2nd little guy in another picture below as he faced a different direction:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Re8HKS_717vo0QZEGoYWLw?feat=directlink

thanks for your help coz-o-holics from a fellow Coz-O-holic :):wink: I know these aren't professional pictures, they are just my memories....

Last edited:
juvenile trunk fish for sure... and they are EVERYWHERE right now in Coz. I have seen a zillion! :D

You both think both pictures are of a juvenile trunkfish? The first little picture looks soooo different to me than the picture of the little guy tucked up next to the social feather duster. I know my pictures aren't professional, but they sure hold great memories for me of the reefs......Thanks for your help. :) and for teaching me along the way.......

I can, but it's not a good photo for this job. About the only other choice is a Cowfish (based on shape) but I'm still thinking Trunkfish.

I never dreamed juevenile trunkfish, so thanks for your input! I was leaning toward a juevenile file fish in the orange phase like on p. 342 of Reef Fish for my second picture link OR a juevenile sharpnose puffer like on p. 327 of Reef Fish for my first picture link . I'm learning with your help. Thanks for your patience.....it's all fun to me!

PS Smoochy, the little guy nestled up to the white feather duster in my 2nd picture is brown on top horizontally and white from there on down to the sponge which is also brown. Hope that helps you locate him :)

I'll name him Otis.

The second one can be Fred.

Nope, that is a sharpnosed puffer (Canthigaster rostrata)

thanks DoctorMike, now, what would you call the 2nd picture link? He looks different to me than my first picture link. what is the little guy tucked up next to the white feather dusters? brown and white in color?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom