Name this Seahorse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rescue Diver68

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We had the pleasure of diving with Blue Angel last week. Our Dm was Jorge. At one of the deeper sites ( I think Palancar Caves) Jorge pointed out this little seahorse. I have been unsucessful identifying it. Can anyone i.d. for me? Cozumel Seahorse3.jpg

At one of the deeper sites ( I think Palancar Caves) Jorge pointed out this little seahorse.View attachment 41083

It's actually a pipehorse... Are you sure it wasn't Columbia? I spotted one there that looked very similiar, right as we were ready to cross one of the sand chutes to head to another coral formation. I'll try to dig up the pic (it's on my laptop)

It was very early in the dive... of course that would depend on where you were dropped in to begin with.

Thanks, I just checked my logbook and it was Palancar Caves. It was at the wallside of a swim through opening. Jorge signaled that there were two of them in that area. First one I have ever seen. It was awesome.

here he is again!
Seadragon1.jpg

I thought he was a juvenile sea dragon though

...his name is Bob :d

I guess "Mr. Ed" would be too formal?

I thot that Mr Ed would have worked well. Interesting, never heard of a Pipe horse. I've shot actual Pipefish there. Looking that why they're called pipes now. Acentronura dendritica, Pipehorse:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom