Name your Liveaboard...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leaving on Nekton Rorgual June 19th. Will report back by end of month. (doing the Cay Sal Banks).

1st Liveaboard: Cayman Aggressor - Fantastic! Awesome crew, great people onboard, nice rooms, and diving the Bloody Bay Wall from the aggressor is unbeatable!! Highly reccommended. I'm leaving for my second trip on the Cayman Agg. this Friday!! :D

2nd Liveaboard: Honduras (Bay Islands) Aggressor - Really nice, would reccommend, amazing chef, diving was great. Overall great, but not as good as Cayman.

I've also done the Truth liveaboards a couple times in the Channel Islands. Nothing fancy at all to the boats (bunks w/ curtains, simple galley, etc) but I think it's the best way to dive the Islands off Santa Barbara.

HarleyDiver:
Leaving on Nekton Rorgual June 19th. Will report back by end of month. (doing the Cay Sal Banks).

Lance, you didn't tell us you were from Madison! We had 7 divers from North Florida on the Rorqual last week!

Wave Dancer - Belize
Nekton Rorqual - Cay Sal

I don't know that I would repeat the Cay Sal itinerary. Some of the best diving we did was further north although the Damas Rocks area of Cay Sal was very good.

I would repeat the Belize trip in a heartbeat!

I've only done one so far. It was the Gulf Diving's MV Fling trip to the Texas Flower Gardens. The acommodations are basic, but the crew and diving were great. Will try to go back soon.

-Frank

I haven't really had the money to get on many liveaboards, but when I've been able to, it's been a blast...

Did my first Liveaboard on the Atlantis 2000 out of Phuket. Good price, good boat. Surin and Similian Islands were amazing though crowded...

Took a short trip on the Nautilus Explorer for some Vancouver Island diving... Great boat and crew. They do trips down in Mexico now as well, and I'd love to go down there with them...

I want to see the Carribean, but I'm on a budget, so maybe something like Blackbeard's will suit...

I've only done one liveaboard, last summer it was "Diversity" in the Coral Sea off Australia. Next year i'm booked on "Star Dancer" off west New Britain, Papau New Guinea. So it'll be Kimbe Bay in the Bismark Sea.

Fire Up!!
Caymaniac

I have been on:
The Spree in the gulf of Mexico. I was too inexperienced for the dive conditons and didn't enjoy the trip very much. I need to go back and give it another try.
The Cayman Aggressor twice and I will go back again.
Turks and Caicos Aggressor. Capt Pers runs a great boat. I'd like to go on the new boat with him.
Sea Dancer in Turks and Caicos. Great trip but alas it is no more.
Bay Islands Aggressor. Ok trip, food was not up to Aggressor standards and the damn wind blew all the time!
Sun Dancer in Belize. Great trip but the damn wind blew again!
Next trip, Komodo Dancer. I can hardly wait.
I'd go back on all of them. Accomodations were great on all of them other then the Spree but I knew that in advance. Food was pretty good on it as well. Other then the Bay Islands Aggressor the food was great on all the others.
Crews were excellent on all of them.
Capt Frank on the Spree is a hoot!

Joe

I have done 3 Live Aboards - all great - for me that is the only why to take a dive trip.

1st one was The Cayman Aggressor - it was great! the crew, to boat and dive sites. You know what they say about your first time.

2nd was The Bay Island Aggressor (Roatan) - it was good but the weather wasn't cooperating and that was no ones fault.

3rd was PHD Sun Dancer II (Belize) - it was great!! Great food, rooms, crew and diving - again so so weather - windy. I had my 1st experience with sea sickness even with the patches but I would recommend it in a heart beat.

Becky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom