Nanimo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubak

Contributor
Reaction score
We'd like to plan a dive trip. It's been a few years since I have been there and my husband has never been so...
Arrive Sat, dive Sun (2 or 3 dives), dive Mon (2 dives) and then depart Mon or Tues.
Any suggestions where to stay and whom to boat dive with?
Like to dive the Breton (sp?) and the Sask. plus Snake Isl. Wall, Gabriola Cliffs (wall) and I suppose there isn't a chance in H@$% that we could do Dodds Narrows.
Thanks for all the help.
Kirsten

We'd like to plan a dive trip. It's been a few years since I have been there and my husband has never been so...
Arrive Sat, dive Sun (2 or 3 dives), dive Mon (2 dives) and then depart Mon or Tues.
Any suggestions where to stay and whom to boat dive with?
Like to dive the Breton (sp?) and the Sask. plus Snake Isl. Wall, Gabriola Cliffs (wall) and I suppose there isn't a chance in H@$% that we could do Dodds Narrows.
Thanks for all the help.
Kirsten
I think you could barely do a search on here and not get rave reviews of Divers Choice Charters. They are, hands down the best dive operator in the area. And you might talk them into Dodds. Need a dive buddy?

Another vote for Divers Choice Charters, excellent dive boat and great service.

Cheers

Al

I'd second (and third, if I had the option) the recommendation for Diver's Choice. What a great boat, and great people! Lots of room to gear up inside, swim step at water level, and hands down the best ladder I've climbed in gear yet. They have an on-board compressor, so there's no need to drag tanks off the boat each night (oh, and Nitrox, too, although you have to bring your own helium or argon).

I can't remember the name of the motel we stayed in, but it's almost directly across the street from the marina (maybe 1/4 mile north). It was very comfortable and had places to hang suits and such overnight, and dryers for the unfortunate recipients of the weekend's bad dry suit luck. It was also reasonably priced.

Have fun -- I'd LOVE to get back up there. We did Dodd's, but you have to have a weekend with small exchanges to do it. It was a truly amazing dive.

Thanks for the input...
Guess I better start planning a trip.
K

FYI...
I emailed Divers Choice on Sunday from their website...does anyone have any secret contact info so I might get a response. The Buccaneer is right on the spot.
Anyone want to join us?
Kirsten

Hi-I just got back from Comox. The wrecks in the area are fabulous. The walls incredable. I used Pacific Pro Dive, Bill is the owner. I have been told the area north of Nanaimo is even better than the great diving at Nanaimo, I guess I need to go to Nanaimo and find out. I was told to use Divers Choice also when I get there next. I heard the six gills are not around lately. I hope you get to see one. Here's to a good dive.

When are you thinking about going? I'd love to get back up there, especially now that I can dive helium.

When are you thinking about going? I'd love to get back up there, especially now that I can dive helium.

If you are looking for tri-mix dives I would suggest Pacific Pro Dive also. Bill runs a tight ship and sets up some really advanced charters. I am not sure, but I think there is a Transpac trip coming up soon. All reports are this is a "to do dive".

Good luck
O

Oh, this is recreational helium only . . . Just so I can actually REMEMBER what the wrecks look like!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom