Nassau All-Inclusive with Dives? Non-Diver as Sidekick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-flea

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The little woman is wanting to go to Nassau and spend a week or so. She was a diver but had a permanent ear injury and can no longer dive. So her dream location would be a place like Sandals (we did a Jamaica trip as our first dive trip when she could dive) where she can be pampered all morning with free food, drinks, sand and sun while I get a couple morning dives in.

I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced a place like that in or near Nassau.

I enjoyed the two weeks in the Sandals Jamaica location, though the reefs were overfished. I just didn't like that the first dive was at a decent depth with stuff to see and the second dive had all the new divers (not that I'm super uber) and was usually little more than snorkel depth. The area we were in at Jamaica was not all that beautiful compared to all the other areas in the world I've been and I have attached that stigma a little bit to Sandals, though that obviously isn't their fault.

I'd love to get some good dives in and be back around noonish each day to a slightly intoxicated happy woman. I know if I drag here to some flea bit dive with no sand, no included drinks, et cetera, it will be a long flight home. :)

Thanks for tips and advice.

Stuart cove is a fine DS on Nassau, but I know of no AI on the island.

I'd consider Roatan, Cayman, or Coz!

The Occidental on Coz will suit the wifey just fine and On site ProDive is a fine DS as well!

Occidental in Coz is good - I have been there before. Go for the boutique section upgrade. It's worth it.

For Nassau, a good all-inclusive that won't break the bank is Melia on Cable Beach. There are actually a few all-inclusives on Nassau but they vary in price. They work with Stuart's Cove for diving. I did not dive in Nassau so I cannot comment on the quality of diving but of course, they are known for their Caribbean Reef Shark diving.

Your money will probably get you further in Coz at the Occidental on a per day basis for all-inclusive for each adult, or you can work a package in there. Pro Dive is the official shop there at last check when I dived and they are very good. Per tank, Coz is cheaper than Bahamas, especially with package deals with all-inclusive, or X number of tank packages, diving only. Of course, do drift diving in Cozumel but do not pass up the opportunity for cavern diving - the cenotes are incredible!

Both of these places have good beaches and pool areas, with multiple pools for different uses (play vs family vs adult, etc.). The food was better at Melia in my opinion but I am usually there for diving, beach, relaxation, and not so much the food.

Tulum, Chitchen Itza are worth a visit. Playa del Carmen downtown is fun to walk and shop, eat. Let me know if you have any specific questions!

I forgot to add...

Bahamas diving off Grand Bahama and Bimini are a little underwhelming compared to Cozumel as far as sea life goes, in my opinion. Bahamas was really about large sharks for us - tigers, lemons, nurse, hammerheads. It was our highlight/entree and the reason why we went. Everything else was just a side dish. :) In case that sways you a bit along with the cost...

These are the AI resorts in Nassau. I think it's a pretty complete list...

The Melia Nassau Beach
Sandals Royal Bahamian
Breezes Nassau
^ on Cable Beach

The Warwick Paradise Island - on the channel side of the island so there's not much beach
Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island - IIRC there's a meal plan option. Everything else is there...lol

There's 2 dive operations with boats, Stuart Cove's or Bahama Divers.
Both offer free scheduled pickup from any of the resorts.
Cove's is about a 30-45min. shuttle ride south
Bahama Divers is across the bridge from Paradise Island.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom