Nausea Upon Entry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FITFUNNY

New
Reaction score
Another CPA friend mentioned his wife always throws up when she goes scuba diving. Right upon entry, and wham throws up into her regulator. They are both experienced divers.

Any theories on Causes and/or Cures?

Fitfunny in Dallas, TX

First, welcome to ScubaBoard. . .At the top of each page is a button for "Forums" click there and scan down the list of topics till you find "Marine Science and Physiology" click on that category, then scan the recent messages. Messages come fast on these boards so the information you want may have been discussed earlier than the current messages. Click on "Search" button and type the information you want then click search again.

If the answer isn't available here, do a search for DAN, Divers Accident Network, This is a membership organization supported by divers. Many medical problems can be answered by their FAQ. Joining gives you paid medical insurance for diving accidents, and 24/7 access to medical personnel in case of a problem here or anywhere on the globe.

My two cents. . . one of my dive partners has an inner ear problem, that causes vertigo with the pressure change. His family has a history of the same problem. Only after discussing this with a doctor, maybe at DAN, should you ignore this and continue the dive.

Hey FitFunny,

Check to see how they have their weight belts set up. They may be on too tight. Also it is a good idea not to eat too much before a dive. Some hard candy is about it for folks like your friends. Also, they may want to try a dramamine pill an hour before first entry.

Moe_The_Black_Diver, Dallas TX

Aloha I have experienced some problems with motion sickness, I agree to check with a medical professional. If it turns out to be just seasickness I have some recommendations. I take Bonine they are raspberry chew able pills. I take one to two pills the night before my dive (usually only take when I go off the boat) then I take one the morning of the dive. I avoid alcohol, and greasy foods along with citrus (all of these things can play with your stomach acid) and stay hydrated. It has been a night and day difference for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom