Nauticam na-em5 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what I thought you meant, but in your original post it came before any discussion of the 1.5 teleconverter (which is still high on my wish list).
Bill

It was a response to Andy t's post #10 where he ask about the possibility of a tele converter for M43. No inside information just what I would like to see in future releases from oly/pana.

Thanks to Scott at Bluewaterphoto, I now have all my new toys for our trip to Cozumel! :D

The Nauticam housing arrived early this week.

I'm excited. The full rig, with dual Sea and Sea YS-D1s, weighs just over ten pounds in air. I've got three lenses and ports to play with: 8mm, 45mm macro, and 14-42. (Too bad the port for the 12-50 isn't available yet.)

The Nauticam port for the 60 macro will a flat glass with the 67mm thread for closeup lenses and controls for the focus limiting switch I expect. The Nauticam port for 7-14 is six inches and extends out about three inches from the housing to accommodate the length of the lens and the zoom gear. The 8 fisheye port is about 4.33 inch and has no extension.

I will be teaching the Reef Photo Macro Techniques Workshop August 2nd to 5th at the Blue Heron Bridge in Palm Beach Florida. We will have the OMD E-M5 camera and Nauticam housing for students to test dive it anyone is interested.

I already have students signedup with bothe 4/3 and M4/3 systems so Olympus will be well covered in the classes.

A link and further information is listed on the Scubaboard Underwater photography fourms front page or go to reefphoto.com for further details.

Phil Rudin

Hi Phil,

I just signed up for this class. Really looking forward to this as I have wanted to do it for a long time. I hope I can use the OM-D on one of the dives with the 45mm macro. I have arms and 2 ys01 flashes (would like to demo the ysD1 also :)). If possible a 7D setup as well. I am going to purchase one or the other in the near term (my "land" system is Canon but I am leaning towards the OM-D). I will also ask the folks at Reef is they can find one for me to use, at least once.

If there are certain things I would like to learn (ie the "black background" effect, the "spotlight" effect with a snoot, the "wide angle macro" effect with that INON insect-eye thing), should I contact Reef to see if they will have that gear available? Otherwise I might ask around at SFUPS to see if anyone has things I can borrow.

Mainly, though, I want to begin mastering manual exposure with my flashes and ratio lighting. The TTL seems to work fine for most pictures, but not all and I need to master manual control for more control over lighting and shadow.

Anyway, don't want to hijack the thread any more than I have. I am really stoked about this! If I have questions can I pm you? Don't want to be a pest but it is easier that posting on the forum.

Guy Harrison

Hello Guy!

My E-mail address is in thr SFUPS directory and you are welcome to contact me direct. I will have a YS-d1 you can try out. The insect-eye is a very specialized tool and does not work well with many camera/lens systems and I don't own that equipment. We will be covering the other topics and more.

We still have a few spots left if anyone else is interested.

Phil Rudin

Hi Phil.
Nice diving with you and lunch at the last Blue Heron Bridge macro workshop. (July 7th). I just noticed that Olympus posted your Jawfish picture rather prominently on their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/#!/getolympus
They never link back to the source of their photos though.

Frank Delargy
Blue Heron Bridge

Hi Frank,

Good to hear from you. We have another macro workshop starting on Thursday of this week so I will be at the bridge for the weekend. I think Olympus must have pinched my photo from the Nauticamusa web site front page. Interesting to see the comments of all of the non-divers in regard to what they think it is.

Phil Rudin

Hi Frank,

Good to hear from you. We have another macro workshop starting on Thursday of this week so I will be at the bridge for the weekend. I think Olympus must have pinched my photo from the Nauticamusa web site front page. Interesting to see the comments of all of the non-divers in regard to what they think it is.

Phil Rudin
I think "Freaky Frog with teeth" is the prevalent opinion of what it is :) I was going to suggest it was a jawfish, but I doubt it would be noticed.

Back
Top Bottom