Nauticam NEX-7 housing announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Bill,

I think your nudi's look great.

I do have a concern regarding where we draw the line when it comes to moving critters to get a better image. I don't think it was a problem in your photos but I have seen some cases where the shot was a bigger concern than the critter being photographed.

Phil Rudin

Phil: Thanks for the input. I agree that the shot should never be at the expense of the critter; that is why I only shot the nudis this way and tried to put them back where they were. Interestingly the nudis mostly liked the stage and a few actually crawled back on after I moved them off. Too often I see folks say bending a wire coral all the way to the ground to get a shot of a shrimp or crab or goby rather than trying to get them in context.

Bill

Just bought the NEX-7 yesterday, bought the only one they had. They didn't even know they had it yet, the store manager brought it out for me. We haven't had much time to play with it yet but it seems to be really nice.

I just got the NEX-7 and was wondering if anyone has tried using the 16mm + fisheye with the port for the 18-55mm lens as opposed to the dome port. If I can forgo purchasing the fisheye port it would save me a lot, and I am a student so this is pretty important. I know there might be some vignetting and was wondering how bad it might be and if anyone might have a sample pic of this so I can figure if I will be able to crop it and save some money. Thanks so much for your help/insights, very much appreciated.

BTW, I am upgrading from the Sealife DC1200 and Sony T300

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom