Navy Seals Dive to 1200 m?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The show that I just watched said the subs of today had a dry room for twelve SEALS and the older models had room for 7. Also the deep subs can go beyond 1200M just. Liquid breathing has been around since the sixties also they took a man and dog and had them live in a pool. But the idea of SEALS um burying themselves in the sand is just not going to happen well for one thing why stick your head in the sand nobody can see you at 1200 m and sonar,radar and whats that new one called could never tell the difference between them and a rock. But i think George Lucas is looking for some ideas for a movie hummmm.

wolf eel:
The show that I just watched said the subs of today had a dry room for twelve SEALS and the older models had room for 7.
The show was wrong.

OK which part was wrong ? The entire show or the part about deep sea explorers ?

Don the show I thought was done by your own gov on there subs and capabilities. I think I see where I was wrong I should have said the Subs of today that are in production Will have room for twelve. Sorry

Remember that not everything the Govt says is entirely true.

Sometimes that say one thing and people hear something else or assume something.

Like when they say a sub CAN carry a certain number of missles. It doesn't say that they DO carry that many, or what might actually be there.

I can neither confirm nor deny the presence or absence of any specific weapon or system onboard any vessel.

Don Burk What class would that be? The Virginia class has a lockout chamber for nine.
May have been. I am doing everything I can to remember what and where it was I watched that show at and who produced it. The main body of the show was about how useless subs had become and then all of a sudden everybody else had subs with great capability and so the race was on again. I do respect your position in the past and your knowledge so relax. I just happened to have seen this show about what was on this thread and I thought it had said twelve.

pipedope:
Remember that not everything the Govt says is entirely true.

Sometimes that say one thing and people hear something else or assume something.

Like when they say a sub CAN carry a certain number of missles. It doesn't say that they DO carry that many, or what might actually be there.

I can neither confirm nor deny the presence or absence of any specific weapon or system onboard any vessel.
If the question was the number of persons in a particular specialty on board, I would see your point.

I have stood next to an NBC reporter while he misreported what he had just been told, so selective deafness is indeed a possibility.

The question was capability.

That last is the standard line for nuclear weapons. It applies to some other things, but not all systems.

Back
Top Bottom