NDR, but how cute!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This was in the local paper here...picture is on the link.

The Paris News

Hitchin’ a ride
This bobcat kitten, estimated to be about three weeks old, was discovered on the back of a Paris Iron and Metal Truck that returned to Paris yesterday afternoon from an area run.

Hitchin’ a ride
By Krista Goerte
The Paris News
Published May 8, 2008
A baby bobcat hitched a ride into Paris Tuesday aboard a Paris Iron and Metal truck.

Nobody knows from where the tiny little critter came as Paris Iron and Metal workers had no idea when or where the hitchhiker came on board.

The kitten, estimated to be about 3 weeks old, arrived wet and muddy from its trip.

Janell Cleek at Paris Iron and Metal contacted several people, trying to find someone who could properly take care of the wild animal. She finally found Lillian Shaver, a Paris resident who is dedicated to helping wild animals get back to their natural home. Shaver considers herself a “wildlife rehabber.”

“I will take in wild animals, and if I can’t take care of them, I will find someone who will,” Shaver said.

She does not keep the wild animals, but she gets them sound and healthy and ready to go back into the wild.

Shaver started feeding the kitten through a syringe, and began working on finding a place that could take care of it. She got in touch with Valerie Marler of Crosstimbers Ranch near Terrell. Shaver says that Marler is a fellow wildlife rehabber who specializes in bobcats.

Shaver took the kitten to Marler yesterday, and said that it was placed with several other bobcat kittens that Marler is rehabilitating and will turn loose into the wild once they are old enough and strong enough to survive.

“Everybody wants to keep one of these, but they don’t know how to take care of them, and it is against the law,” Shaver said.

She said wild animals need proper nutrition and a proper environment so that they can be turned back into the wild.

If that little sucker's claws are as sharp as my half-wild housecat's are...I ain't pettin' 'im. :11:

Ahhh...spring has sprung. :D

Edit...Edit...Edit...attached is the photo by Sam Craft.

Attachments

• 05-08bobcat.jpg
    05-08bobcat.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 30

Back
Top Bottom