NDR: more land shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
A friend and I spent the morning poking around on land today in an attempt to make ourselves actually use all this camera gear we've acquired on days we have to be dry.

I shot three lenses today: Canon 10-22, Canon 60mm macro (of course!) and my ancient, maybe-not-working-exactly-as-it-should-all-the-time-but-fine-mostly Canon 100-300.

It was a glorious morning for a while and watching the sky and light change throughout the day was pretty stunning. It did make shooting interesting as the light would change between frames at some stages, but it also gave us a few brilliant blue skies and some great clouds.

We started south of town in Charles Knife Canyon Gorge (I have no idea what the official name is) - I always forget just how high our ranges are here! We started with some funky trees, plants and more abstract stuff before going to the edges of the canyon.

treeblueflowers1a.jpg

Looking East from the top toward Exmouth Gulf
canyon1.jpg

My friend taking her own shot:
maryshoot1.jpg

Ants, flowers, surfers and emus coming soon :)

Fastmarc - thanks :) All above with Canon 10-22. LOL, Gudge, thanks!

Here's some other stuff from yesterday:
antflower1b.jpg

pinkyflowers1.jpg

purpleflower1.jpg

Then the sun looked like it might peek out again, so we headed for the surf beach as the surf is cranking again this week (sucks for diving but these guys are loving it!)
2surfers1.jpg

surfguyC1.jpg

We hadn't seen any emus and were about to call it a day when we were driving through town and lo' and behold, emus :)
caremu1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom