(NDR) More shocking Little Cayman news

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read that in disbelief. Brac has had a few robberies, but Little Cayman??? Nothing is sacred anymore.

Wow! Hard to Fathom.

Lame!

Updated story says it was a modified canoe and they were all caymanians. Perps are in custody. Crimes like this never go unsolved for long on small isolated islands...unless it is petty theft from vehicles on Bonaire. That apparently is an unsolvable problem...mostly because the Bonaire police probably like the prices on used electronics.

Rather an inept group. They probably spent more in fuel costs from Grand to LC and back than they got in the robbery.

From reading the story, I think they were going after the Cayman National Bank. I don't think they realized it is only open a couple days a week. I am sure 5 people and a couple boats wouldn't be used to go from GC just for a couple hundred dollars from a minimart. Morons

Thieves are generally pretty stupid, lazy and opportunistic.

Hope they have the good sense not to screw up the tourist/diving industry. Without that the Caymans wouldn't have much going for them. Even the money hiders might relocate to Switzerland.

Armed men, escape by boat, capture on the high seas. Arrrgh, maybe they were just celebrating pirate week with a bit too much exuberance.

In any case, glad they were aprehended. I guess walking the plank would be out of the question.

Wasn't the murder a few weeks back a domestic issue?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom