Near miss diving doubles for 2nd time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He mentioned earlier that the bottom for him was 90ft in the location he was. This was clarified middle of this thread.
I would like to hear what Simplegreen has done with the info that was written here.

The scarey thing I find, is an Instructor taking you in an area as deep as 300 feet, while you have no experience in doubles. Just think for a minute! had you had any failure being equipment or just diver error thats a hell of a drop and in my opinion and a very big risk.
I am willing to bet that it occurred in a flooded quarry or mine. In that case the haul road around the edge creates a series of steps in about 50' intervals. So, you'd have to be stupid on top of having a wing failure to end up in 300' of water as you'd have to swim over the edge of several 30-40' wide shelves to get there from the 100-150' level.

The former iron mine that is now Lake Wazee is a good example of this type of environment.

I am willing to bet that it occurred in a flooded quarry or mine. In that case the haul road around the edge creates a series of steps in about 50' intervals. So, you'd have to be stupid on top of having a wing failure to end up in 300' of water as you'd have to swim over the edge of several 30-40' wide shelves to get there from the 100-150' level.

The former iron mine that is now Lake Wazee is a good example of this type of environment.

This makes more sense, perhaps on a shallower side! Thanks for the clearification!

Wonder if he survived his class... It's been a while since the OP has posted.

this may sound harsh but it is ment with love, ausm ( are you shi**in me)you posted on your profile your an instructor. it sounds like your basic dive skills need a lot of work as well as you rented tec gear ausm at this level it<s like borrowing you buddies used condom you dont know where it has been or how it preformed lol and as i said glad you survived and learned
my knee jerk reaction is harsh but dont rush your training get the rite instruction equipment and experience and remember you are responsiable for your own safety good luck next dive
ps this smells like your pullin my leg i dont think it happened i think your funnin me

I would like to hear what Simplegreen has done with the info that was written here.

Wonder if he survived his class... It's been a while since the OP has posted.

It's Sunday. Has the class made any improvements?

Any recent dives Simple Green? Talk to your instructor? Is this the last we hear from you?

You still haven't told us when the next class is. Have you spoken to the instructor yet?

I will await further info on the progress of the class and whether he fails you or you find another instructor.

Simplegreen. Has anything been said if the class will continue?

Someone call PETA already

Tortuga68 ... PETA? People for the ethical treatment of animals? I don't get it...

I have a feeling this is going to make me look like a mules behind here. :)

It's just frustrating when someone creates an account because they know they don't know what they are talking about. Hmmm... Bummer.
By the way all those posts were to somehow spark the OP to post progress which hasn't happened. Thanks for noticing.

Ah.....

I hope to do a tech class in the future but I am going to buy my own get real compent then go to the next step I think you need more time with better instuctor maybe private one on one. I still what to learn but I will take everything very slow.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom