Need a partner for a summer backpacker budget tour of amazing dive sites SE Asia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds interesting - but I've always wondered how's the safety of your stuff/gear at backpacker/uber-cheap accommodations?

With luck you find a room with an outside padlock - bring your own & your stuff is pretty safe. Just in case make sure to have $6 shore diving is $7 a tank with your own gear $15 with horrible rental gear & a guide. It's great and relaxed diving!

Have fun, I'll be there in a few months :D! Don't take my room!!! Just kidding!

hi! I am currently in Eastern Peninsula Malaysia hoping to dive in Sipidan in the next few days. Not sure where you are in your travels but looking to potentially meet up. My sched is really flexible. I was thinking of hitting Bali area after Malaysia and it might time up with your August plan if that is still the case. Let me know if you are still interested in a short term or long term travel partner. I just joined scubaboard and will fill out my profile tonight so you can get an idea of who I am. Regardless, safe divinf, safe travels and enjoy!! jacq (a girl)

Hi, Have fun in Sipadan, I posted this thread April 2009 it was a fantastic trip;-). This year I'm down diving in Mexico.

hey there! I'd def be up for meeting. I am in Sandakan now touring the monkeys and river, etc...I am working out diving Sipidan and Mabul now with a backpackers scuba group. I should be in that area around the12th or 13th of July. Let me know your tentative schedule as well and we can work to meet up. My sched is pretty flexible as well. After Sipidan I would def be interested in diving in the Phillipines if you are looking to head there. If I am unable to find a parnter for that leg of the trip I think I will head down to Indonesia. I am pretty open!

Hi, Have fun in Sipadan, I posted this thread April 2009 it was a fantastic trip;-). This year I'm down diving in Mexico.

Jacqisagirl - This thread is from last year. Kathy is no longer in Asia.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom