Need a suggestion for diving in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the northern part of the island there's a cool restaurant called Macabukas which is pretty cool, there's like a dive shop connected to the restaurant and direct access to the water from the outside dining location. I would recommend stopping here for more spontaneous diving options. You can dive while you wait for your food, or some can dive some can eat. Lol Its up near the turtle farm and right behind the Cranked Conch.
I'd also check out eden rock diving center for some easy shore diving

there's a cool restaurant called Macabukas
Ir's Macabuca Tiki Bar/Grill (close enough...) plus the best thing is the shore dive off their property - Turle Reef. Shallow and arguably the best on Cayman. Head south and swim among the tarpon in a cave a few minutes away - about 40-50' deep.

Eden Rock suffers by being 500' from the cruise dock. Also last year a container ship scraped a section of reef clean and damaged one of the better caverns.

Last edited:
Everyone has their favorite operators. My more recent trips have been to Cobalt Coast with Divetech rather than Reef Divers, and to Compass Point with Ocean Frontiers. If I was diving from SMB/West Bay, I would go with Wall to Wall. We used them several times and found them exceptional.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom