Need a vibrator for U/W use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlwalke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When deciding on which computer to get, I paid attention to which models had the best (most or most versatile) alarm features. The one I ended up with beeps and/or lights up at various pre-defined or user-defined points (e.g., when tank PSI reaches a certain point, when you are ascending too fast, after a specified elapsed time, etc.). However, if you are not looking at the computer you don't see it light up, and I believe I miss most audible alarms because they aren't that audible underwater.

My cell phone vibrates like crazy when I get a call. It would be very useful IMO for wrist computers to have a similar feature. Just a thought (maybe some industry folks will read and consider this...and then remember this post and send me a bunch of money, or at least a free vibrating wrist computer).

Dave

You have to put a coke alert on this...I almost fell out of my chair when I read it..

Its probably a problem of battery life. They try to make it so you have to change the battery as little as possible. Cell phones are rechargable so they dont care so much.

I can't help you with the pager thingie, but you just gave me a great idea. :idea:
:lol:

Oh, I am so mature.

Dave, you're too late. Vibration alarm is already build into the Head-down Display of the Hammerhead replacement for the Inspiration. :D Courtesy of Juergensen Marine. Sorry, no royalties for you.:(

and I'm not alone.

So the vibrator would work, if you stored it in an area that was senstive to the vibrations.

Your posting caught my eye, ..... but ........I think I'm going to stay out of this one !!!!!!

Phil

Back
Top Bottom