Need advice on this product I am working with

Would you purchase this for underwater video?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 100.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please keep the input coming. Greatly appreciated! Also, I am curious what, if any camera mounts you have found that work? Do you have a current set up?

Regardless of the chin piece, the additional weight out front is a no vote for me.
The other issue I suspect will be a slight reduction in vision, even though the camera is in front of the purge valve. Which brings another set of issues.

Thank you for your input HowardE... I see that you are also a web developer. I value your opinion, especially after seeing your site. Any chance I can PM you and ask a few questions?

Feel free.

Mounting a go pro to you regulator will result in more shake than on top of your head. For a whole variety of reasons that have been brought up already, this is a bad idea.

So I am not a diver, I am a web and animation guy. I am working with a new company trying to help them get their product out. At this point I am working for a percentage of each sale. However, I am wondering if this is an a product people are actually going to buy?

As divers, would you see yourself purchasing this product? It is a goPro mount for your regulator.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Reg-Mount - The worlds only regulator mounted GoPro mount for scuba diving
No. Nothing goes on the thing that keeps me alive, pulls on my teeth and could have a temperamental free flow. And the mask is close, and there just doesn't need to be any more crap cluttering up my face.

maybe look at the success (failure) of mask/head mounted cameras for scuba. In general, that kind of video is really shaky, and makes you seasick.
getting dizzy...dizzy...more dizzy...puke...

head mounted videos suck because of the excessive unexpected motion. when you move your head, your brain knows that and can compensate. other peoples brains can not.

regardless of the mounting or video technology, this product is a fail. you need to do some more research regarding the basic principles.

as a hint to a somewhat related issue, research eye movement detection schemes for stearing wheel chairs. technology worked perfectly. but this also failed. people look at obstacles they intend to avoid. oops. other similar but apparently not very obvious concepts are the ability for our brain to see all kinds of light as normal, but cameras take orange pictures inside. hearing aides drive people crazy since the brain can not filter out background noise...

Back
Top Bottom