Need advice on this product I am working with

Would you purchase this for underwater video?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 100.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMG_1627.JPG

This is my better option, putting the GoPro on top of the still camera via hot shoe mount. Will not get you dizzy when you look at the video. Save battery power since you are not using the GoPro view finder, but using the camera viewfinder instead. You can take the video & still picture at the same time.

I try to keep an open mind when I see new things but innovation is not always improvement and I tend to agree with the other posters that this is a nogopro. :wink:
Obviously it is not designed for anyone serious about the quality of their video. But I would be willing to test it out if you are interested in testers that will give an honest evaluation for SB.

I do not view that as a wise place to mount anything. It is addressing what is IMO a non-existent problem. There are a plethora of existing mounting options that do not impact my breathing apparatus.

Novel idea... I would like to see some video. Most helmet mounted videos suck... this would be worse as breathing may cause it to shake.

Nope. The bare hand barely had sufficient room to press the purge valve. Now put on dive gloves and that is another issue.

The weight and balance is another issue. Last but not least the normal movements and vibrations of breathing and looking around would make for a very poor video.

Short version - solution in search of a problem.

Bad idea. The noise coming through the hose will bepicked up by the camera. Also reduced stability relative to head or mask mount plus exhaust bubbles. Plus other issues mentioned by others

How does someone press the purge button? That's simply unacceptable.

I would suggest to the OP to take an Discover Scuba Diving course to get a rude awakening.

I will make my viewpoint very clear. The last thing I ever want is something in front of my reg. I'd refuse to guide teach/guide anyone with such a device on their reg blocking their purge button. I'm being harsh because I feel this is simply unsafe for many divers.

I personally wouldn't get this for all the reasons people mentioned. It would be even shakier than a head mount; I'm always moving my regulator because I'm adjusting bite, swallowing, etc. It doesn't always sit totally horizontal and straight either so it'd be crooked video too. The big no for me would be that it's blocking the purge, I don't know how you'd get dry gloves in there! Also if your reg is out of your mouth for some reason and you have to retrieve it, the camera could possibly get caught and you might not be able get at your regulator.

the sample videos on the site really support what several have said here, seasick-city. But, the real problem, again, like others have said, is that it gets in the way of the purge button. I know that as a person who doesn't dive, you see the diagram and think that it's a non-issue. However, when a person sucks in a gulp of water for some reason and get scared, then reach up in a hurry to purge the reg and there's something in the way, bad things ensue.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom