Need BC Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pembina

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just noticed this weekend that my hubby's scuba pro black diamond bc is faded to brown. We have our 38th anniversary coming up next month and thought a replacement bc would be the perfect gift.
I just don't know what to get him and need some advice and opinions. I am asking here since his primary use is for spearfishing and so I want to know what bc's work best for this activity.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
After re-reading my post I realized I said it was a ScubaPro and I should have typed a SeaQuest. ScubaPro was his previous BC.

Does the ScubaPro Knighthawk have weight pockets? What do you like best about the knighthawk?

I use a BP/Wing for hunting on SCUBA.

I normally freedive though.

A new speargun may be also a good idea.

Several guys I spear with have Zeagle Rangers. Weight-integrated, lots of D-rings to hang stuff off of. Wish I had one.

Everyone is different of course but if his BC has faded to brown without you hearing a complaint, it may mean that just now is starting to fell good. Like a pair of jeans.

He doesn't see the faded color underwater, if the structural integrity is not compromised then is perfectly good to use. Make sure you don't get a piece of gear he'll be stock with because he wouldn't want to hurt your feelings.

I would agree with Ana I would not replace a BC becuase its faded. He is happy with it so keep using it. Look at a new gun maybe a Riffe which is on my wish list.

As a husband I agree - don't buy him a new BCD, or any other piece of gear without his consent. Please.
BTW Knighthawk is a slick back inflate with integrated weights. Very small packets though. Some like it, some don't.

After 38 yrs of marriage, I pretty much know what his likes are and I'm the one that does all the research. I'm the one that bought him the Black Diamond 10 years ago and he has loved it. I almost convinced myself to just get him another Black Diamond but the comment about it being a pair of jeans and might just now be getting comfortable makes some sense.

He recently bought himself a new Riffe gun so that is not an option.

Thanks for all the advice but now I don't know what to get him. :idk:

Back
Top Bottom