"Need" BP ............. for orthopedic reasons.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
That's it. Can anyone think of a reason for me not to walk over to the LDE and buy a Diverite BP and standard harness for $60.00?

If it includes an air cell, that's a great price. Is the BP a standard one? If so, you'd even be able to get rid of all the dumb buckles and chest strap and everything.

doole:
If it includes an air cell, that's a great price. Is the BP a standard one? If so, you'd even be able to get rid of all the dumb buckles and chest strap and everything.

Its new. Of course it doesn't include the air cell. I think I can use my Zeagle Scout (read baby transpac) one. Its the standard harness, which is a beautiful thing in terms of heavydutyness, light weight, and economy (i.e. no buckles and chest straps.)It reminds me of a Japanese rock garden. I don't think I can make the harness myself for less than $30.00. Just wondering if there are any big cons to this brand. I'm trying not to make a rash vanity purchase.

evad:
Just wondering if there are any big cons to this brand. I'm trying not to make a rash vanity purchase.

Im currently researching the topic myself. Diverite are very popular in the UK and I don't think you will have any problems from what I've heard.

evad:
That's it. Can anyone think of a reason for me not to walk over to the LDE and buy a Diverite BP and standard harness for $60.00?

I would at least check out the options first. For example, Fred-T offers at least three sizes, two different materials, and four thicknesses (of SS). Each has unique buoyancy characteristics.

Mike

MikeS:
I would at least check out the options first. For example, Fred-T offers at least three sizes, two different materials, and four thicknesses (of SS). Each has unique buoyancy characteristics.

Mike

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to get a Fred-T SS BP. I got this aluminum one for its bouyancy characteristics with a single tank, 3mil wetsuit, and
some ditchable weight. And the price. Its the older version without the singles slots, which I will cut out myself. It cost $31.00. How wrong can I go?
At that price, I can afford to do twisted experiments on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom