Triglides for BP/W Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ngun

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I'm going through and getting components bit by bit to setup my BP/W system. When it comes to fastening D-rings on the harness, is there an advantage / preference to using one type of triglide over the other. There are toothed ones and smooth ones. At first thought, I would assume that toothed is better because it would "grip" the webbing better, but I wanted to ask here so that those of you more knowledgeable than me could share insight into which you prefer, and why.

TIA!

Stainless steel versions, a struggle to move and adjust but i like it that way

Rad. Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!

Either will work. It isn't like you're going to have a lot of weight hanging from your D-rings and unless you're switching from heavy to light exposure protection and back it's not likely that they'll even be moved after they're positioned to your liking.

I used the toothed ones for attaching the harness to the plate, and the smooth for putting on D-rings.

Upon watching a video on everyone’s favorite information source, You Tube, I received an irrefutable pronouncement that one had to use stainless tri-glides, smooth or toothed dependent on specific application. To the contrary, I’m beginning to think that no more stress than mine will be subjected to, the toothed Delrin ones should do just as well. Of course my diving all is categorized as “rec” not “tech”.
YMMV
🐸

Back
Top Bottom