Need Dahab Dive Shop/Accomodation help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaNYC16

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Guys:

Will be in Israel for a few weeks and would like to spend a few days diving in Sinai. Need some recommendations on a good dive shop and some nice accommodations(3 or 4 stars).

Thanks for your help.

I just spent the past weekend in Dahab, and dove with Posiedon. They had a decent operation, but there are so many DCs I think it would be hard to find a bad one. I would just stay away from any that are totally staffed by locals.

For a hotel, I was told the Dahab Hilton is nice, but I was only looking for a room with and aircon.

Also, I was told that due to the elevation of the road back to Taba, that I needed to wait six hours before leaving. I think that was overly consertative, and I am currently looking at some of the altitude tables to come up with a better (more acurate) solution.

Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with the diving in Dahab. However, I will make a return trip at some point to confirm or refute that impression.

With that said, if you are coming from Israel and only have a few days, I would recommend just crossing over to Taba and doing a couple of days diving there. I have been there twice (3 dives each time) and thought it was very good.

I've dived twice (2 x two week holidays) in Dahab and both times have really enjoyed it. Not as crowded as Sharm but not so quiet it feels dead. It's a great place to just forget about everything and relax.

We stayed at the Nessima hotel which is one of the more upmarket ones and is a nice distance from the centre - close enough to walk to, but no so close it's noisy at night. They have their own dive centre, which I've heard is quite good

We, however, dived with Reef 2000 which are a bit of a way out of Dahab the town, but will come and pick you up in the morning and drop you off after. It's run by an English couple and is very friendly. They have alot of repeat business, and can also organise additonal excusrions if you want. If you prefer you can stay with them as well. I've heard the accomodation is basic but nice, they've just got a swimming pool as well, if you're getting too salty.

Couple of dives to recommend - Bells to Blue Hole, The Canyon (try and go at Dawn) and the Islands.

HIlton is also my reccomendation although as for the diving centre i would sat Planet Divers are the best ones - the more advanced ones (you can get there all gas mixtures and do some real diving in Dahab)
Mania

Back
Top Bottom