Need DS Undergarment for cold water wimp in SoCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you might just get cold easily. i have dove my thermal fusion down to 46F with a fusion tech and it has been toasty. it gets too warm if it is above 60F to me. I do use an undergarment always though.

I'd like to think I am somewhat hardy. Did 63 degrees in a 5mm just a few weeks ago. Was cold, but manageable.

Definitely feel a bit warmer in the Fusion Tech / Thermal Fusion, but still can feel the cold radiating through. Very odd.

Description as above. I'm a cold water wimp diving in SoCal, temps range from high 40's to high 60's. Currently using one of the DUI undergarments that went for $12 at the close of Sport Chalet. It's not bad, but I start to get cold after about 10 minutes in the mid 50's.

I'm dreaming of the White's Thermal Fusion (Dive a Fusion Tech), but really just want something warm, and not $500.

I would buy new, used, whatever. I'd like it to be P-valve ready, but I'm not scared of using a soldering iron to make a hole. Also ideally, I'd like a chest pocket for a car key.

Budget is up to ~$350.

As @Marie13 said, the Fourth Element Arctics. I get very cold and dive with them in water that is 45 F and remain toasty warm.

I'd like to think I am somewhat hardy. Did 63 degrees in a 5mm just a few weeks ago. Was cold, but manageable.

Definitely feel a bit warmer in the Fusion Tech / Thermal Fusion, but still can feel the cold radiating through. Very odd.

how inflated is your suit? are you pretty well lofted or running on the slightly squeezed side?

Just replaced my aging santi bz400 with the new kwark navy undersuit..omg, it is amazing, costs about 250usd here in europe and it beats the santi in both warmth and comfort. Fits like a second skin, super flexible and keeps warm even when wet (Only dipped arm but want to try jumping in lake). Used by military (started as a special order by U.S. Army Special Forces Divers) and it's incredible..several other instructors switched to this and its gorgeous..I wanna wear it all day long walking around at home. And it's washable without loosing powers :)

how inflated is your suit? are you pretty well lofted or running on the slightly squeezed side?

Not really squeezed. I don't use my suit as my primary buoyancy source though. So somewhere in the middle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom