Need help in Destin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsigmund

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I came down to Destin for the weekend only to find that most of the charters are not running. I am looking for a charter or a good shore dive. Does anyone have any clue? Any help would be apprieciated....

Thanks,
Rich

Unfortunately,the seas are rocking this weekend. I just looked at the sea bouys on NOAA's site and they are reading 8.5 ft seas. There isn't a charter in the area that would run in that, and believe me when I tell you that you wouldn't want to be out in it either. In this area the waves come in close sets, not like the rollers on the west coast. The wave period right now is eight seconds. That means every time you are coming down from the last wave you are eating another one. You should try diving the Destin Jetties. Diving them at high tide is recommended. You could also check out Vortex Spring Vortex Spring: a Florida Treasure hope this helps.

I would also suggest vortex or morrison springs as they are within a driving distance. Both are A class run sites. You could also dive in the bay if you have an interest and means outisde of a charter.

Morrison is closed for the moment.

Dive Destin Jetties at High Tide, any beach dives will be OK with the north wind knocking the surf back.

rsigmund, I'm always game for a Beach Dive at Navarre Pier. PM me if you're interested otherwise I'll be stuck with honey do's.

I came down to Destin for the weekend only to find that most of the charters are not running. I am looking for a charter or a good shore dive. Does anyone have any clue? Any help would be apprieciated....

Thanks,
Rich

you'll find the charters in Destin wimp out if the seas run more than 2ft.

The ones over in Panama City will run in a little rougher seas. just FYI for next time.

(but if the seas were 8.5 feet, I doubt they went out either).

I'll be stuck with honey do's.
Mr xray wanted you to save him. He is a great Navarre Pier beach dive guide.

Next time you head this way make an earlier post and someone will almost always show up for some shore dives.

I PM'd him with all my info and directions after he asked and called his cell phone, but received no reply.

Mr xray wanted you to save him. He is a great Navarre Pier beach dive guide.

Next time you head this way make an earlier post and someone will almost always show up for some shore dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom