Need Help - Mounting Plastic Leg Sheath on Waist Belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is pretty easy to make a DIY sheath. You can use an old weightbelt. Fold it over on itself for a few layers until it covers the knife and also has a loop for the waist strap. Now when you got the configuration figured, tape it with duct tape. Then crush it hard at each fold with a vice. Now it is in the shape you want. remove tape. Next, use a hot poker to burn holes through several locations close to the edge. Use aircraft safety wire through the holes, twist and tie up the sheath. this serves the safe function as sewing. Then for the finsihing touch, cover the lower section with gray duct tape..

Interesting...this is simular to what I was orignally thinking of. When I get back to the States in a few months, I will give this a go. :crafty:

Thanks,

~ME~

It is pretty easy to make a DIY sheath. You can use an old weightbelt. Fold it over on itself for a few layers until it covers the knife and also has a loop for the waist strap. Now when you got the configuration figured, tape it with duct tape. Then crush it hard at each fold with a vice. Now it is in the shape you want. remove tape. Next, use a hot poker to burn holes through several locations close to the edge. Use aircraft safety wire through the holes, twist and tie up the sheath. this serves the safe function as sewing. Then for the finsihing touch, cover the lower section with gray duct tape..

Pretty close to how I made my first DIY sewing project, except I used a sewing awl to do the stitching.

Searcaigh,

My UAE trip is from the 19th - 23rd and I plan to be diving on the 20-22nd. I was trying to get my company to send me to a hotel in Fujairah, and then dive with Divers Down & Karin. But they rather spend more money on a hotel in Dubai, which will cost me more money to get to Fujairah and back to Dubai daily...but what the hay, I am getting paid to go diving. Now I have to try and find some sort of transportation to Fujairah and back to Dubai. Al Boom runs a shuttle bus and I have dove with them the last two trips in Dec and Jan, but I really want to dive with Divers Down this trip. Once I get my final hotel confirmation, most likely tomorrow, I will contact Karin and see what we can work out.

I hear she makes a mean cup of tea. :wink:

I still need to catch up with you too; even if it is just a phone chat.:D

~ME~

What time do you arrive on the 19th (Sunday) might be able to arrange transport for you over to DD and Karin for a cup of tea an perhaps a dive too, Monday might be doable too, need to get on Inchcape 2 again, the nudis are having a party there from what I hear :D

I am usually checked-in at the hotel by around 2-2:30, so it might be a little late for a dive on Sunday. But I would LOVE to see the nudis...on any day. :party:

Wow Couv... nice work. Good job!

Pretty close to how I made my first DIY sewing project, except I used a sewing awl to do the stitching.

Wow Couv... nice work. Good job!

I agree really nice work. I was going to go to an Army Surplus store and buy one, but now I really want to try this too. :D

Back
Top Bottom