Need Help With A Cressi Sub Pneumatic Gun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pmcsurf

Reaction score
I just bought a used Cressi Sub Pneumatic spear gun. I need to talk to someone who owns one and is familar with it. I have questions about the pump (how many times on average, etc.) and where the pump screws into the gun... does there need to be a rubber washer there? Mine is missing the washer and the plastic screw-on end cap. Can this be a problem? I used the gun in my pool and it seemed to work okay but I'm wondering how much power should this gun (its about 36 inches long) have? How do you know when to pump it up again? I'm not sure the pump is making a proper seal without the washer.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Paul

PAul.
Cressi guns vary a little between models.
But if I remember correctly....
The Pump screws in the back end of the gun, there should be an o-ring on the end of the pump, just before the threaded section.

They wont need a pump very often, if its all in good condition, it should only need a few squirts every so often, they dont actually consume air, the refill is only to replace what has been lost from leaky seals.

Should be able to shoot it into the ground from about 10-20ft, They are not as powerfull as some older style Jelly Rubber Guns.

Pump it when there is a noticeable differance

Hope this is helpful

Dave

Back
Top Bottom