Need help with drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Choices were DUI/Bare and don't think you can go wrong with either Suit. Both have been making them for many years and Stand behind there Product. The thing I liked about Bare Is that Things standard on there suit cost extra for the DUI. Such as Heavy duty wrist/neck seals/Kevlar knee padz. It was alot of that. I could have gotten the DUI easilly afforded it. But The suit for me did not justify spending an extra 800.00 for the Name and in my opinon thats all it was. My girlfrind and I both have the same suit and Love it. Two of our frinds have the Signature DUI custom and they like they're suit even though they are not as happy with the fit as they like. Another friend has Bare and love it no problems. So it's really personal choice. But either brand in my mind will Last you for years. One other thing that BAre offers DUI does not Is a

"Lifetime warranty on all Seams and workmanship"

From the site

Lifetime Guarantee - A Warranty Done Right
At BARE we take our commitment to product quality seriously. Our drysuits in particular are legendary for their durability and longevity with many of our customers getting a full lifetime of use out of their BARE drysuit before passing it on to a friend or family member. This has allowed us to offer something that no other drysuit manufacturer has been able to do: a Lifetime Guarantee on seams and workmanship.

Much more than a warranty, BARE is the first and only drysuit manufacturer to offer a Lifetime Guarantee. Except for normal wear and tear, misuse or negligence, BARE will honor all claims against seams and workmanship for the life of the drysuit worldwide. Even if you’re not the original owner, you’re covered.

In a category where the next closest competitor only offers a 7-year warranty, we think you’ll agree that the BARE Guarantee says something quite extraordinary about the quality of the people, materials and technology that goes into each and every one of our drysuits. We stand behind our workmanship like no one else because you deserve a product like no other.

USIA also has a lifetime warranty on their seams.
USIA :: Seriously Dry

I found USIA pricing was cheaper than DUI and depending on the suit model, comparable to Bare pricing when I bought 4 years ago.

From their website:

What exactly is covered under my USIA Lifetime Seam warranty?

USIA warranties your seams for the life of the suit against seam leaks and also warranties the seam construction. If you have a leak due to a manufacturing defect, USIA will repair or replace as necessary. The warranty does not include holes on the seams caused by the owner of the suit. USIA also only warranties the suit for the original purchaser, so be sure to send in your warranty card provided when the suit is purchased.

"Lifetime warranty on all Seams and workmanship"

From the site

Lifetime Guarantee - A Warranty Done Right
At BARE we take our commitment to product quality seriously. Our drysuits in particular are legendary for their durability and longevity with many of our customers getting a full lifetime of use out of their BARE drysuit before passing it on to a friend or family member. This has allowed us to offer something that no other drysuit manufacturer has been able to do: a Lifetime Guarantee on seams and workmanship.

Much more than a warranty, BARE is the first and only drysuit manufacturer to offer a Lifetime Guarantee. Except for normal wear and tear, misuse or negligence, BARE will honor all claims against seams and workmanship for the life of the drysuit worldwide. Even if you’re not the original owner, you’re covered.

In a category where the next closest competitor only offers a 7-year warranty, we think you’ll agree that the BARE Guarantee says something quite extraordinary about the quality of the people, materials and technology that goes into each and every one of our drysuits. We stand behind our workmanship like no one else because you deserve a product like no other.

That's a good marketing tactics but it does not sometime make much difference. I got the leak by the wrist ring in my Trilam HD right out of the box. Brand new. It just tells me they do not test the final product for leaks when shipping it to the customer. It was not a small leak - my whole hand was soaked after 15 mins of diving in the pool. I had no time for sending it back so I fixed it myself. Seams on the boots got loose and it was not leaking only because it has a tape over the boot. Bare is a great suit but they have many things to work on. would I buy Bare again, I do not know , probably not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom