Need help with uploading dive photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTodd77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just got back from a dive vacation, where a friend of mine took my photos, and put them onto a dvd for me. Somehow, when he uploaded the photos from my memory card, he erased them from my card. So now all I have is the dvd that he made me with my photos on it. Problem is, there are several photos that I want to print out. Anybody know how I can upload the photos from the dvd onto my computer? When I pop the dvd in, it plays like a movie. I can't find the individual photos :(

Which computer and how did he put the pictures on the DVD. If they were done a Mac and are in a movie format you won't be able to get at the pics. If however they are in a slideshow then you should be able to get at them. On a PC turn off autorun for the DVD and it should appear like a disk drive. Double click and see what is there.
Bill

Have you shot any more pictures on the card and what type of card is it? If you have not shot any more on the card....dont'. You can recover all the pictures on the card with special software like Photo Rescue. Or a program, that hard disk recovery companies use called File Recovery that recovers all raw data from the storage device, but that is assuming that the device has not been used anymore.

Second option is that if it comes up as a movie, the person who copied them to DVD made them into a movie...not good. Or, your computer automatically runs movies of all still images. One way to find out is to cancel the movie player and go to your file manager - PC or MAC - and look at the contents of the DVD. If it has an audio and/or video directory, you may be out of luck. If you have a directory of images, select and copy those images to your hard drive.

Jack and Sue Drafahl - the Digital Duo
Jack and Sue Drafahl, Digital Underwater Photography, Photoshop and Lightroom Instruction
Underwater Photo Tutorials, Online Education for the Underwater Photographer

yep, i think i'm outta luck :( he used power director 7 to make the movie. i have used the memory card since it has been erased, so it looks like i'm stuck with the movie.

Thanks, I'll look into getting that program. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom