Need hints for doffing wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, so I get this new wetsuit home that I just bought from someone at work. I tried it on at work but only the farmer jane not the 2nd piece shorty that goes over the top.

So, get it on, feels great, tight, HOT. Home alone, can't get it off!!!

I had to call my friend who lives nearby to help me get it off! We laughed our a$$es off but is there any hints for doffing gear? The shorty is a 6.5mm step in, long sleeve (with wrist seals) and zippers across the front that fits over a 6.5 mm farmer jant. Once it is on, it is really hard to maneuver to get it off... HELP!

The way I always did it was to peel it off. Unzip the top and rotate your shoulders so that the neck part of the suit winds up behind your shoulders. Then lower it down around your butt and pull your arms out. It should peel right off. Once you get one hand free, use it to free the other.

For the bottom, I did pretty much the same thing. I'd undo the shoulder and then peel it down my body and legs. Towards the end I would just step onto some of the material to help with the peeling process, and then just use my fingers to actually get the legs off of my feet.

Obviously you'd want to take your booties off first, though. :wink:

I end up turning my wet suit completely inside out as I peel off the pieces.

I have the hyperstretch jumpsuit with a hooded vest....

--Sean

I am serious... I could not maneuver my shoulder to the point I could make the neoprene position itself other than on... maybe it is too snug, but I think it is the design coupled with my lack of dexterity.

I may have to sell it for another suit if it is going to be such an issue. Well one thing is for sure, solo diving is definitely out, I need my buddy just to get undressed! (I never solo anyway so don't bother flaming me...:wink: )

Pretty much everyone I have ever seen in a front-zip suit has needed help to get their shoulders out. I even know someone who struggles to get out of a Polartec skin on her own. Just get your buddy to give you a hand.

Zept

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom